Hmmm there seems to be a problem fetching this series right now. Last successful fetch was on February 27, 2022 22:33 ()
What now? This series will be checked again in the next day. If you believe it should be working, please verify the publisher's feed link below is valid and includes actual episode links. You can contact support to request the feed be immediately fetched.
Manage episode 276531202 series 2804543
At your antenatal appointments, from about 20 weeks of your pregnancy you will (…should) be having some monitoring of your baby’s growth. Firstly, by the simple tape measure test, up over your tummy to the top of your uterus and then by ultrasound if needed.
What we are trying to determine is if your baby is small for dates. This is known as Intrauterine Growth Restriction or IUGR.
In this podcast we talk about:
- What is EFW or estimated fetal weight
- How EFW is measured and the measurement accuracy.
- What other ways we measure your baby's health
- Problems that can arise if your baby is diagnose with IUGR
- What plans need to be made if your baby is measuring small for dates.
- When sometimes... you just have a small baby.
Why did we start this podcast? Well we think there is a barrier for women to get EXPERT pregnancy info that is practical, relatable and easy to understand.
Dr Pat has helped 1000s of women have their babies and through this we know that this kind of information given to a woman at the right time can totally change her experience of pregnancy and birth.
And a BIG thank you for listening to ‘The Kick’ and please if you haven’t already please subscribe (iTunes) or follow (Spotify) and share with a friend.
- Ask a question on the podcast: Send a voice message to GrowMyBaby
- Join the Grow My Baby Program
- Get our tips for a CALM + CONFIDENT pregnancy
- Just pregnant? Download our checklist to take to your first appointment.
- Join the waitlist for our Pregnancy and Birth Course
- Website: https://www.growmybaby.com.au/