Hmmm there seems to be a problem fetching this series right now. Last successful fetch was on February 27, 2022 22:33 ()
What now? This series will be checked again in the next day. If you believe it should be working, please verify the publisher's feed link below is valid and includes actual episode links. You can contact support to request the feed be immediately fetched.
Manage episode 274179939 series 2804543
What to do about visitors to your newborn baby? Firstly, feel confident to stand by YOUR rules. This episode talks about one potential rule 'all visitors to have a whooping cough booster before visiting the baby'.
Banning people from having contact with your baby, particularly if they are showing signs of a persistent cough, is really smart. We know it’s hard to not share the joy of a brand new baby with loved ones (hands up who loves a snuggle with a newborn?) but after a quick listen to this ep you will be able to confidently stand by your decisions.
If you are interested in more expert pregnancy facts and tips make sure you subscribe to The Kick Pregnancy Podcast. If you've got a question that needs answering you can email us at email@example.com
Our website www.growmybaby.com.au also has some great tools like our pregnancy knowledge checker as well as a free checklist to take to you doctor at your first visit.
This Episodes's fast facts:
- 10,000 to 40,000 cases of whooping cough are reported each year in Australia
- Adults don’t have the telltale ‘whoop’ but a persistent cough may be whooping cough
- Every new pregnancy needs a whooping cough booster in the third trimester. This helps your newborn have partial immunity to whooping cough in their first 6-8 weeks.
- In all states of Australia, pregnant women can get their FREE vaccine from their GP. In some states, partners are eligible for a FREE vaccine also otherwise it costs approx. $45.
- Ask a question on the podcast: Send a voice message to GrowMyBaby
- Join the Grow My Baby Program
- Get our tips for a CALM + CONFIDENT pregnancy
- Just pregnant? Download our checklist to take to your first appointment.
- Join the waitlist for our Pregnancy and Birth Course
- Website: https://www.growmybaby.com.au/