Hmmm there seems to be a problem fetching this series right now. Last successful fetch was on February 27, 2022 22:33 ()
What now? This series will be checked again in the next day. If you believe it should be working, please verify the publisher's feed link below is valid and includes actual episode links. You can contact support to request the feed be immediately fetched.
Manage episode 274179919 series 2804543
Unless you are a blood donor or have had an operation in the past, you may not know your blood type until you are pregnant. This is really common.
Why does it matter?
As well as blood type, the ABO system, there are lots of different markers on the surface of our red blood cells. The system in pregnancy that we are interested in is the Rhesus system and the effect it can have on your baby (and subsequent babies).
Want to have Dr Pat and Brigid guide you through your pregnancy? Join our expert led pregnancy program at www.growmybaby.com.au
In this podcast we talk:
- The different blood types
- What the Rhesus marker means
- What to do if you are Rhesus negative
- What is Rhesus disease
- How do we prevent Rhesus disease
- How common is Rhesus negative
Why did we start this podcast? Well we think there is a barrier for women to get EXPERT pregnancy info that is practical, relatable and easy to understand.
Dr Pat has helped 1000s of women have their babies and through this we know that this kind of information given to a woman at the right time can totally change her experience of pregnancy and birth.
We invite you to be our part of our family over on Instagram @grow_my_baby
- Ask a question on the podcast: Send a voice message to GrowMyBaby
- Join the Grow My Baby Program
- Get our tips for a CALM + CONFIDENT pregnancy
- Just pregnant? Download our checklist to take to your first appointment.
- Join the waitlist for our Pregnancy and Birth Course
- Website: https://www.growmybaby.com.au/