Hmmm there seems to be a problem fetching this series right now. Last successful fetch was on February 27, 2022 22:33 ()
What now? This series will be checked again in the next day. If you believe it should be working, please verify the publisher's feed link below is valid and includes actual episode links. You can contact support to request the feed be immediately fetched.
Manage episode 274179933 series 2804543
This ep is a bit of a pandora’s box. What can you say no to during pregnancy and birth? Well, you can literally say NO to everything.
Ethically a health care provider can’t force a woman to accept any sort of treatment, even if they strongly believe their treatment plan is in the best interests of the mother and/or her baby.
You have choice in your pregnancy and birth, your consent needs to be given and you are your own best advocate. The trick is knowing from an informed position what is worth advocating for.
Why did we start this podcast? Well we think there is a barrier for women to get EXPERT pregnancy info that is practical, relatable and easy to understand.
Dr Pat has helped 1000s of women have their babies and through this we know that this kind of information given to a woman at the right time can totally change her experience of pregnancy and birth.
This episode talks about:
- How to feel empowered about decision making during pregnancy and birth
- How to advocate for yourself
- The key to informed decision making
- Different ways of communicating with your healthcare provider
- How trust is crucial for good outcomes
- Ask a question on the podcast: Send a voice message to GrowMyBaby
- Join the Grow My Baby Program
- Get our tips for a CALM + CONFIDENT pregnancy
- Just pregnant? Download our checklist to take to your first appointment.
- Join the waitlist for our Pregnancy and Birth Course
- Website: https://www.growmybaby.com.au/