783: Apolo Ohno | Embracing Change and Finding Purpose
Manage episode 353331069 series 2030630
Apolo Ohno (@ApoloOhno) is a retired American short-track speed skater, an eight-time Olympic medalist, the most decorated American Winter Olympian of all time, and the author of Hard Pivot: Embrace Change. Find Purpose. Show Up Fully.
What We Discuss with Apolo Ohno:
- How Apolo's single dad helped him constructively channel his genetic proclivities toward athleticism and abundance of energy — and overcome his physical shortcomings — from an early age.
- What drove Apolo's tendency to self-sabotage even as he was becoming the most decorated American Winter Olympian of all time (and what we can do to moderate this mindset in ourselves).
- The perils of overtraining — and what Apolo would do differently today if he were still competing as an athlete that would serve him better.
- Understanding the difference between entertaining superstitions and creating reliable routines and habits upon which you can rely when seeking success.
- The highly transferable lesson Apolo learned when a fluke accident robbed him of a gold medal — and what we can all take away from the disappointment of only landing a silver medal when life doesn't go according to plan.
- And much more...
Full show notes and resources can be found here: jordanharbinger.com/783
This Episode Is Brought To You By Our Fine Sponsors: jordanharbinger.com/deals
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking — our free networking and relationship development mini course — at jordanharbinger.com/course!
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!