Manage episode 304570744 series 2030630
David Buss (@profdavidbuss) is considered the world’s leading scientific expert on the evolutionary psychology of human mating strategies. He is the author of several books on the subject, most recently When Men Behave Badly: The Hidden Roots of Sexual Deception, Harassment, and Assault.
What We Discuss with David Buss:
- Why, from an evolutionary standpoint, the reproductive interests of males and females sometimes diverge.
- Why metabolizing alcohol differently makes women more susceptible to an expectation of bonding (and how some men exploit this).
- The Dark Triad traits that mark the men most likely to have short-term relationships and cheat.
- How do women use active signaling to show they're more open to short-term relationships?
- She's not playing hard to get. If she rejects you softly, it isn't an invitation to try harder -- it's a survival tactic meant to avoid prompting a violent reaction.
- And much more...
Full show notes and resources can be found here: jordanharbinger.com/573
Like this show? Please leave us a review here -- even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!