Manage episode 292405282 series 2030630
Robert Cialdini (@RobertCialdini) is widely regarded as the “Godfather of influence” for his groundbreaking work in ethical persuasion. An update of his bestseller that started it all, Influence, New and Expanded: The Psychology of Persuasion, is out now.
What We Discuss with Robert Cialdini:
- Cialdini’s Universal Principles of Influence that turn you into an unstoppable persuasion machine (and allow you to defend yourself against the unethical influence of others).
- Why it’s a bad idea to accept a gift or favor from someone we don’t like or trust, and how we can reject such a gift or favor gracefully.
- How to become more likable (without being a smarmy weirdo about it).
- Why social proof is powerful for positive and negative outcomes and how we can leverage this.
- The most ideal time to disclose a negative for maximum damage control.
- And much more...
Full show notes and resources can be found here: jordanharbinger.com/507
Like this show? Please leave us a review here -- even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!