Manage episode 342656844 series 2848636
Your investment goals, desires, and values determine the amount of risk that you are willing to take in your investment future. In this episode, Steven discusses the differences between growth and security to help you determine what investments you should be looking at based on your current investment cycle.
- Growth and Security are on opposite sides of the investment spectrum. Growth can provide higher profit but at greater risk, whereas Security is less risk however usually lesser returns on profit.
- Typically, the more money that somebody has, the more that they're focused on preservation, and they move down the risk scale.
- If you're later in the investment cycle, you have to know what your personal preferences and values are, and then make some selections into assets that are going to deliver you the kind of returns you're looking for.
- If you're much earlier in the investment cycle, and you have a much longer investment window, then you may want to be investing a much larger percentage of your portfolio in those higher risk assets.
- It is important to diversify between the different styles or strategies that you have.
Interested in connecting with other like-minded individuals? Then join our VonFinch Private Capital Network. Learn more at http://www.vonfinch.com/invest.