Manage episode 291543728 series 2652680
Dr. Judith Orloff shares:
"As a psychiatrist and an empath, I am fascinated by how the phenomenon of empathy works. I feel passionately that empathy is the medicine the world needs right now. Empathy will be the deciding factor between war and peace, between hatred and tolerance. We need to grow larger than our smaller selves and egos to be empathic in our lives. Empathy is the game-changer. It is the trait that will ultimately save the world.
I feel passionately that empathy is the medicine the world needs right now. Empathy will be the deciding factor between war and peace, between hatred and tolerance. Empathy is the game changer. It is the trait that will ultimately save the world.
There is a powerful connection between your emotions, intuition, and empathy. The magic comes when you learn how to tap into each of them to fully access your sensitivities without going on overload or becoming drained.
In this talk Dr. Orloff answers these questions:
- As a conventionally trained physician, you are also an empath. What is an empath and what are the neuroscience findings explaining the empath experience?
- What is the difference between an HSP and an Empath?
- What are the different types of empaths and the gifts?
- How can empaths stop absorbing the emotions and physical symptoms of others and develop self-protection techniques so we can enjoy the gifts of sensitivity?
- Why are empaths misdiagnosed with sensory processing disorder, major depression, and panic attacks? What is the correct diagnosis?
- What is your greatest vision for the role of empaths in this world, in your lifetime and beyond and how can we as a collective support and continue your important voice in this field?
Judith Orloff, MD is the New York Times best-selling author of The Empath’s Survival Guide: Life Strategies for Sensitive People. Her latest book Thriving as an Empath offers daily self-care tools for sensitive people along with its companion The Empath’s Empowerment Journal. Dr. Orloff is a psychiatrist, an empath, and is on the UCLA Psychiatric Clinical Faculty. She synthesizes the pearls of traditional medicine with cutting edge knowledge of intuition, energy, and spirituality. Dr. Orloff also specializes in treating highly sensitive, empathic people in her private practice. Dr. Orloff’s work has been featured on The Today Show, CNN, Oprah Magazine, the New York Times. Dr. Orloff has spoken at Google-LA and has a popular TEDX talk. Her other books are Emotional Freedom and Guide to Intuitive Healing. Explore more information about her "Awakening Your Intuitive Healing Power" 7-module online course and speaking schedule on www.drjudithorloff.com.
Julie Bjelland is a Psychotherapist specializing in high sensitivity, host of The HSP Podcast, and Founder of the Sensitive Empowerment Community, whose mission is to create a paradigm shift where sensitivity is embraced, valued, and honored. Julie offers multiple essential resources for educating, inspiring, and empowering HSPs. Register for her free Masterclasses, take the Sensitivity Quiz and profoundly transform your life in her courses and community. Her HSPs in Business Group is designed to support and empower sensitive people to grow heart-centered businesses, share their voices, and be part of the change the world needs. JulieBjelland.com❤️🌈❤️ (she/her)
Explore all the episodes of The HSP Podcast at HSPpodcast.com--- Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/julie-bjelland/message