Manage episode 340023782 series 1334013
Why do humans tend toward elevated blood pressure, heart rate and cholesterol as we get older? Feel like you're doing "all the things" when it comes to trying to lower your cholesterol but numbers aren't moving as much as you'd like them to? Want to get off of meds for your cholesterol and blood pressure? Struggling with gut issues and have elevated cholesterol or blood pressure? If you answered yes to any of these - this podcast is for you! Dr. Raj K. Anand is a retired cardiology specialist with over 60+ years’ experience in the medical field. Yes, you read that right, he is almost 90 years old! Dr. Raj is on a mission to share what he's learned about diet and lifestyle through his book ‘Healthy Diet and Mindfulness to Prevent Coronary Heart Disease’ educates readers on how to make healthy choices to avoid disease. In this episode of The Health Fix Podcast, Dr. Jannine Krause interviews Dr. Raj Anand on what habits to develop to prevent low grade inflammation that builds with age causing leaky gut, elevated blood pressure, heart disease, stroke, Alzheimers, cancer, diabetes and dementia.
What You’ll Learn in This Episode:
- Avoid oils even olive oil
- How to squeeze in meditation daily
- The connection of leaky gut to cardiovascular disease
- The diet to follow to lower cholesterol
Resources From the Show:
- Dr. Raj's website:rajkanand.com
- Dr. Raj's book - ‘Healthy Diet and Mindfulness to Prevent Coronary Heart Disease'
Enjoy The Show? Never Miss An Episode
- Subscribe, Rate and Review the show in iTunes
- Subscribe via Stitcher or RSS feed
- Send us feedback via Email
- Leave a comment below