Northwest Pinball and Arcade Show Recap
Manage episode 331470835 series 2467489
On this episode, the guys chat about their recent Northwest Pinball and Arcade visit, VR, slot machines, online games, and more, including Is It Tacoma!
00:07 – Jeff kicks off the podcast talking about vampire stories being generational, Justin reflects on their recent Crypticon visit, and talks about his visit to the Northwest Pinball and Arcade show. He talks about visiting Camp Bar, Rhein Haus being closed, and the restaurants opening in its place. They talk about the different pinball machines they played at the event, Jeff talks about trying to play the Infinity Gaunlet game, and the extra big machines there.
21:57 – They talk about the sit-down arcade machines they played, Scott shares his favorite pinball machine, and talks about manufacturers having to prove that pinball machines were games of chance and not a game of skill. They discuss plans for recording in the VR environment, Jeff talks about ways people can get involved in VR, and they discuss Elon Musk insisting on staff working in-person vs. remote.
44:03 – Justin talks about following the Seattle Surge professional Call of Duty League team, Scott talks about not being able to play first shooter games, and Jeff talks about how nice the Tacoma Convention Center is. They talk about places to eat around the center, Scott shares the popsicle idea to pick places to eat, and Jeff explains what the Simpsons Colonoscopy Game was.
65:41 - Justin reads through each story related to Is It Tacoma, reveals which one is from Tacoma, and shares where the other articles were from. They talk about discounted prices for getting the lawn mowed, Justin talks about living in Roy during spider season, and Scott talks about finding a scorpion in his bathroom. He talks about keeping a scorpion as a pet, Justin reflects on old roommates, and gives a shout-out to Cosmic Bottles.
- Die Cut Stickers: Use the code GRITCITY15 at checkout and get 15% off your entire order! · Insanely custom stickers crafted to survive the PNW and beyond! Promo Code: GRITCITY15
- Northwest Pinball and Arcade Show — Once a year, local volunteers and collectors build the largest arcade in the Northwest.
- Grit City Comic Show - Tacoma, WA Comic Book Convention — An Old School Style Comic Book Convention at the Greater Tacoma Convention Center
- The Camp Bar — CAMP BAR WAS ESTABLISHED IN 2017 AND WAS FOUNDED ON HONORING OUR NORTHWEST TRADITIONS AND PASSION ABOUT CAMPING, GLAMPING AND HIKING.
- Rhein Haus Tacoma — After 5 years of being part of the amazing Stadium District community, Rhein Haus Tacoma is sad to share that our last day of service was Sunday, May 15th.
- The Triple Knock on Facebook
- Seattle Surge
- Tacoma man charged with murdering woman with sword — Pierce County prosecutors filed charges Wednesday, accusing a Tacoma man of stabbing a woman to death with a sword in a grocery store parking lot.
- Neighbor threatens to shoot man after he mows grass past property line in South Hill — Two neighbors got into a verbal altercation after one of them mowed grass past his property line, according to the Pierce County Sheriff’s Office.
- Man takes roommate, dog hostage after mother refuses to buy cellphone, cigarettes — Man takes roommate, dog hostage after mother refuses to buy cellphone, cigarettes
- Cosmic Bottles