Jonny Eberle - Obscure Studios - The Adventures of Captain Radio
Manage episode 334085304 series 2467489
This time, Scott, Justin, and Jeff talk to writer and podcast creator Jonny Eberle. He is the president of Obscure Studios, a small, independent production studio making original films and podcasts on a tiny budget and big dreams since 2004. His most recent podcast is The Adventures of Captain Radio, is available wherever you listen to podcasts.
00:03 – Justin starts the episode talking about Broccoli Guy, Jeff gives his safe word, and Justin introduces Johnny. Johnny talks about the different mediums he works in, serving on the board of Creative Colloquy, and they talk about the outlets they had during quarantine. Johnny talks about the origins of Captain Radio, Justin talks about his appreciation for Captain Radio, and doing the podcast panel at Crypticon.
13:30 – Johnny talks about the complexity behind podcast editing, tricks he's learned along the way, and Scott talks about the editing of the podcast back in the day. They discuss the um's in episodes, the work behind the podcast, and Johnny discusses the number of episodes this season. They talk about the shirt game, and Jeff asks a coaster question.
28:11 – Jeff welcomes listeners back to the peer pressure podcast, Johnny talks about living in a 112-year-old house in Tacoma, and dealing with asbestos. He talks about the artistic inspirations he got from his historic home, the scarry idea behind AI taking over people's jobs, and how he feels about copyrights. Justin talks about the new Winnie The Pooh movie, Jeff talks about people getting recommendations from AI, and Scott talks about computer-generated AI people.
40:50 – Justin talks about the NFT market, they reveal that they've been talking to Lambda this whole time, and Johnny talks about looking into the geek community to share his work. He talks about the different groups he's run into in the area, how he ended up getting involved with Grit City Magazine, and what he has found interesting about Tacoma. He talks about what he loves about Tacoma, Scott talks about his love of the artistic community in Tacoma, and how Tacoma is a renaissance community.
Special Guest: Jonny Eberle.
- Die Cut Stickers: Use the code GRITCITY15 at checkout and get 15% off your entire order! · Insanely custom stickers crafted to survive the PNW and beyond! Promo Code: GRITCITY15
- The Union Club: The Union Club is a coworking space contributing to Tacoma's growing artistic and entrepreneurial communities. It combines a maker studio, event hall, and office coworking space, in a 15,000 square foot historic building in downtown Tacoma, Washington.
- Obscure Studios - YouTube — Follow the adventures of the heroic Captain Radio in the distant future as he fights the machinations of the evil Doctor Orban to rescue Lady Andromeda from the Throne of Jupiter and save the galaxy from the mysterious Mole People in this exciting, six-part science fiction audio drama from Obscure Studios.
- Obscure Studios | Facebook — A small, independent production studio making original films and podcasts on a tiny budget and big dreams since 2004.
- Obscure Studios – Original films and podcasts on a tiny budget and big dreams since 2004 — The Adventures of Captain Radio is a full-cast audio drama. If you like your rocket ships with a side of robots and ray guns, you’ll love this retrofuturistic sci-fi serial. Listen and subscribe now wherever you enjoy podcasts!
- Creative Colloquy: A Literary Group for Local Writers - SouthSoundTalk — Creative Colloquy: A Literary Group for Local Writers
- GRIT CITY MAGAZINE — Grit City Magazine was founded on the notion that Tacoma has good stories to tell.
- Obscure Studios (@obscurestudios) on Twitter — Small production studio telling original stories on a tiny budget and big dreams. New scifi #audiodrama podcast “The Adventures of Captain Radio” available now.
- J.W. Eberle – Writer. Filmmaker. Photographer. — Writer. Filmmaker. Photographer.