GCP: Hot Mess with Amani Taylor
Manage episode 354117941 series 2467489
Friend of the podcast and local comedian Amani Taylor catches up with the guys! Amani hosts weekly comedy shows at The Local 907 and Trencher's. He has also joined the podcast four other times, links to his previous visits are below!
00:16 – They kick off this episode discovering that they’re all masters of improv Justin talks about the last time they had Amani on, and Armani discusses how much he loved the break that came with Covid. They talk about the laps around their house that developed while working from home, Amani discusses the return of live audiences post Covid, and keeping the comedy show at Tony V’s rolling after a power outage.
23:26 – Amani talks about the comeback of live comedy shows, Justin talks about the number of guys post covid that had long hair, and Amani reflects on the marathons he’s run in the past. He talks about the fantastic places he ran through during the Tacoma marathon, Justin talks about doing the Boot To Boot, and reflects on his first date with his wife.
48:02 – They talk about the powers behind using DNA to solve crimes, Amani shares his love of movies, their importance on him growing up, and the Oscar-nominated films he’s watched this year. He talks about falling in love with the movie Everything, Everywhere, All At Once the second time he saw it, why he loves films, and Jeff expresses his love of Dan Ackroyd.
67:58 – Justin names his top five movies, he and Amani talk about how Pulp Fiction changed cinema, and Amani talks about Quinton Tarantino’s foot fetish. They dive into the hot sauce challenge, Amani names off his top movies, and Justin reads off info on the first hot sauce they’re trying. Each person gives their review of it, Justin talks about his recent visit to Grand Cinema Theater and watching The Wale, and Amani talks about his love of the Seattle International Film Festival.
Thanks, Amani, for catching up; looking forward to checking in with you again soon!
Special Guests: Amani Taylor and Derek G.
- Die Cut Stickers: Use the code GRITCITY15 at checkout and get 15% off your entire order! · Insanely custom stickers crafted to survive the PNW and beyond! Promo Code: GRITCITY15
- Cosmic Bottles: Tap into the universe of craft beer! CRAFT BEER FOR YOU! Tired of the same old grocery store beer selection? Looking for a beer selection that caters to your taste? At Cosmic Bottles the choice is always yours. Every day: 11am - 10pm 27116 167th Place SE Suite 108 Covington, WA 98042
- The Union Club: The Union Club is a coworking space contributing to Tacoma's growing artistic and entrepreneurial communities. It combines a maker studio, event hall, and office coworking space, in a 15,000 square foot historic building in downtown Tacoma, Washington.
- 1917 (2019) - IMDb — April 6th, 1917. As an infantry battalion assembles to wage war deep in enemy territory, two soldiers are assigned to race against time and deliver a message that will stop 1,600 men from walking straight into a deadly trap.
- Seven Samurai (1954) - IMDb — Farmers from a village exploited by bandits hire a veteran samurai for protection, who gathers six other samurai to join him.
- Amani Taylor | Facebook
- The Local 907 | Renton WA | Facebook — The Local 907 is a 21 and over Pub and Eatery in the DTR.
- Trencher's Kitchen & Tap in Renton, WA
- Everything Everywhere All at Once (2022) - IMDb — A middle-aged Chinese immigrant is swept up into an insane adventure in which she alone can save existence by exploring other universes and connecting with the lives she could have led.
- The Grit City Podcast - Amani Taylor — Past GCP episodes Amani has also been on.