GCP: Friday Night Hangout!
Manage episode 353455325 series 2467489
Brogan and Derek sit in on this week's podcast. They talk Monkeyshines, Cosmic Bottles kitchen enhancements, dessert soups, White Lotus, Is It Tacoma, and 2023 Crypticon.
01:31 – Justin introduces special guest host Derek, Derek reflects on the first time he visited the podcast, and Justin gives a shout-out to Cosmic Bottles. Brogan jumps into the conversation, explains what Monkeyshines in Tacoma is, and Justin explains that this year's theme for Monkeyshines will be celebrating the year of the rabbit. Brogan talks about finding one years ago, Justin and Scott talk about finding rocks similar to this in Spokane, and Brogan and Justin express the excitement of knowing someone that makes the art. Brogan sets a goal for getting a new tattoo based on a certain amount of Patron funds GCP receives, and they discuss the type of tattoo he should get.
16:57 – Brogan talks about the newest advancements in the Cosmic Bottles kitchen, they debate if you use cold or hot marinara as mozzarella cheese sticks dipping sauce, and the number of 5-star reviews the location has. Brogan claims the winning spot in the casserole party, Justin talks about their soup plans during the Superbowl, and how Brogan is allergic to Styrofoam. They review the ingredients of funeral soup, Justin reviews different types of dessert soup, and they plan to return to Crypticon again this year.
34:01 – They jump into Jeff's Capades, Jeff speaks of a recent Brinks/ADT scam happening in the area, and Justin talks about the recent business break-ins in the PNW. He shares how Tacoma has a grant available for people impacted by theft, he and Brogan practice their best Sean Connery impressions, and Justin recommends viewing the show White Lotus. He explains why he enjoyed the show's second season, Brogan talks about snorting dish soap from his cpap machine, and sends congrats to a GCP listener that is getting married.
48:49 – Justin kicks off 'Is It Tacoma', introduces the contestants, and reveals the game's rules. He reads each of the fantastic three stories, each of the contestants guesses which article is the lucky one from Tacoma, and Justin reveals which one is the winner. They make party room plans for Crypticon, Justin shares where the other articles are from, and Jeff talks about the GCP guarantee. Brogan confirms they have a room on the 13th floor for recording, Justin talks about plans to plunge for Lunar New Year, and how long he plans to stay in the water this time.
Special Guest: Derek G.
- Die Cut Stickers: Use the code GRITCITY15 at checkout and get 15% off your entire order! · Insanely custom stickers crafted to survive the PNW and beyond! Promo Code: GRITCITY15
- Cosmic Bottles: Tap into the universe of craft beer! CRAFT BEER FOR YOU! Tired of the same old grocery store beer selection? Looking for a beer selection that caters to your taste? At Cosmic Bottles the choice is always yours. Every day: 11am - 10pm 27116 167th Place SE Suite 108 Covington, WA 98042
- The Grit City Podcast: Ben Andrews - RenCon — Reflections of the Bill Baker conversation
- It’s Monkeyshines season in Tacoma — Right when the doldrums of winter set in with short days and early darkness, clouds, rain and gloom, Monkeyshines pops up to spread its light and joy.
- Amish Funeral Soup » Amish 365 — Soups are common comfort food among the Amish and Gloria wrote about how this one was prepared by a church member and served after the passing of her grandfather last year.
- 10 Best Sweet Soup Dessert Recipes | Yummly
- Grants - Washington Auto Theft Prevention Authority — The Washington Auto Theft Prevention Authority (WATPA) is authorized to provide financial support for use by public agencies to combat and prevent motor vehicle theft and other related crime.
- Florida woman pulled from storm drain for third time in 2 years | KTLA — A woman was pulled from a storm drain for the third time in just over two years on Wednesday, KTLA sister station WFLA reports.
- Denny's says safety is top priority after fallen restaurant sign kills 72-year-old Kentucky woman - ABC17NEWS — A 72-year-old woman died Thursday afternoon after a Denny’s sign fell and crushed a car in Elizabethtown, Kentucky, according to police.
- Evacuation at Tacoma Goodwill after grenade found in donation bin – KIRO 7 News Seattle — Employees inside the Goodwill off 38th and Cedar streets had to evacuate Friday morning. Tacoma police say just after 9:30 a.m. they got a 911 call stating employees had found a hand grenade in a donated items bin. Employees quickly rushed out. At the time the store was not open to the public.