Friday Night Hangout
Manage episode 326544294 series 2467489
On this Friday Night Hangout, Jeff, Justin, and Scott talk about 420, Crypticon, Whidbey Island, mushrooms, and much, much more!
00:04 – Justin kicks off the show, requesting Scott explain himself, Robo Brogan joins the crew, and they talk about their Patrons-only podcast. They talked about their 420 episode, Justin gives a shout-out to his mother-in-law, and they talk about the guests at the upcoming Crypticon. They talk about a friend of the podcast, Ken Carlson, being at Crypticon, their appreciation for Denny’s, and Scott shares that some Denny’s have hidden bars. Justin gives props to Scott, talks about the go-to foods he makes for his wife, and talks about his and his wife’s six-year anniversary.
27:12 – Justin talks about plans to visit Pickles Deli on Whidbey Island, they talk about pickle conspiracies, and plan for a pickle-tasking party. Justin talks about the grand opening of South Sound Scooters, Scott talks about going to the Pennywise secret show at Real Art Tacoma, and the stage diving at the event. They talk about how far we are from the apocalypse, jump into Scott Topics, and Justin talks about the mushroom festival in Colorado.
57:06 – Scott talks about mushroom caskets, Justin talks about trying to dress up his cats, and Jeff shares how his cat loves the leash. They talk about hanging out at Jeff’s house, the fantastic food they enjoyed, and the games they played while there. They plan the makes of a variety show, [this section stricken from the notes], and Justin talks about a podcast friend creating a motorized couch in Tacoma.
84:26 – They talk about places they’ve seen GCP stickers posted at, Scott talks about the random people that request to be on the show, and shares what drinks enjoyed while recording. Justin talks about the neighborhood groups he’s involved in, how to get involved in the community, and the volunteer opportunities for South Sound 911. He talks about what he’d do if he won the lottery, the Citizens Academy for the Tacoma Police Department, and they close out discussing the recent Disney news in Florida.
- Die Cut Stickers: Use the code GRITCITY15 at checkout and get 15% off your entire order! · Insanely custom stickers crafted to survive the PNW and beyond! Promo Code: GRITCITY15
- Crypticon Seattle
- Original House of Donuts Tacoma on Facebook
- Pickels Deli — Located in Whidbey Island, WA
- Britt's Fermented Foods
- Caught on camera: U-Haul slams into new Tacoma scooter shop
- Current Time - 2022 - Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists — At doom’s doorstep: It is 100 seconds to midnight
- Mushrooms May “Talk” To Each Other And Have Vocabulary Of 50 “Words” | IFLScience — Mushrooms and other fungi may communicate electrically through what is known as the mycelium network.
- Telluride Mushroom Festival — Since 1981, the Telluride Mushroom Festival has been celebrating all things mycological, from the newest advancements in mushroom science to our famous wild foods dinner demo.
- Mike Tyson Repeatedly Punches Man In Face On Plane
- Tacoma Couch Guy — You Saw Me Rollin'
- South Sound 911 on Facebook — Help us help you... and your Pierce County community! Be a South Sound 911 Volunteer!
- Citizens' Academy - City of Tacoma — Would you like to gain insight into how the Tacoma Police Department works? The Citizens' Academy is for you.