Manage episode 324127256 series 2609669
Tyler Handley and his brother started Inkbox to discover if they could make temporary tattoos better. After a research trip to Panama, a successful Kickstarter campaign, lots of chemistry, and 7 years of brand-building, Inkbox has become standard for semi-permanent tattoos generating $30M in revenue per year. Recently, Bic acquired the brand for $65M, which will help bring Inkbox to an international market and beyond.
Listen to Tyler and Nathan discuss:
- How Inkbox started from $10K that a friend inherited
- Visiting Panamanian tribes who use fruit die in ceremonial body art
- Why they hired a chemist to extract a molecule
- The dynamic of working with his brother Braden
- How they raised $1.2M through a Kickstarter campaign
- Adding the tattoo customization and working with 650 different artists to create designs
- Collaborations with BTS, Post Malone, and poet Rupi Kaur
- And much more direct-to-consumer startup advice…
Who do you want to see next on the podcast? Comment and let us know! And don't forget to leave us a 5-star review if you loved this episode.
Wait, there's more… If you enjoy the Foundr podcast, check out our free trainings. Get exclusive, actionable advice from some of the world's best entrepreneurs.
For more Foundr content, follow us on your favorite platform: