Manage episode 321124444 series 2609669
After 125 failed pitch meetings in 6 months, Jason Wilk was almost out of funding and running on fumes. Then one investor wrote him a $10 million check because he believed Jason's team.
Jason Wilk is the cofounder of Dave, the largest financial wellness platform in the U.S. with over 10M users. After a lifelong career of building businesses, Jason is at the forefront of a company disrupting the traditional banking system.
Listen to Nathan and Jason chat about:
- The business Jason started at age 20
- Joining the YCombinator accelerator program
- How Jason built confidence to take on the banking system
- Why Mark Cuban became an initial shareholder in Dave
- Dave's 1-for-1 tip model with Feeding America
- The importance of hiring people that can recruit talent
- How Dave became a public company in less than 5 years
- Why you shouldn't chase ideas but pursue a passion
- And much more startup advice...
Who do you want to see next on the podcast? Comment and let us know! And don't forget to leave us a 5-star review if you loved this episode.
Wait, there's more… If you enjoy the Foundr podcast, check out our free trainings. Get exclusive, actionable advice from some of the world's best entrepreneurs.
For more Foundr content, follow us on your favorite platform: