Manage episode 289255617 series 2780304
Leo Wang is the Co-Founder & CEO of Buffy.
Buffy is a breath of fresh air in the home goods space, optimizing their products for two things – comfort and sustainability. After iterating and testing various comforter concepts for months, Leo and Co-Founder Shoaib launched with a promise to use earth-friendly fabrics and manufacturing methods to redefine the definition of soft. Today their product suite includes comforters, pillows, bedding and sheets made from eucalyptus, hemp and recycled polyester.
Tune in to hear Leo’s story!
- (11:54) – The Origin Story
- (14:57) – The Build
- (49:57) – The Brainstorm
- (55:43) – The Founder
- (2:23) Leo’s background
- (7:45) Speech writing for the UK House of Lords
- (11:54) Assessing the market opportunity
- (14:57) Buffy’s core values
- (17:47) The importance of sustainability at Buffy
- (22:39) Building a culture of innovation
- (26:50) Product roadmap
- (29:53) What hasn’t worked in growing Buffy
- (33:44) Hiring
- (38:47) Startup Manifesto
- (49:57) Brainstorm – home goods products designed to deliver comfort while traveling and furniture as fashion
- (55:43) Advice to younger self
- (58:54) Leo’s wellness stack
- (1:01:53) Emerging trends
The Founder - www.thefounderpod.com
- Follow The Founder (@founderpodcast) on Twitter // Instagram // Newsletter
- Follow Kallaway on Twitter
Don't have time to listen to the full episode? Read the 5-minute version here.