Manage episode 284520572 series 2780304
Rishi Mandal is the Co-Founder & CEO of Future.
Rishi is a second-time founder, having previously launched Sosh, a recommendation engine that curated the must-do activities in a given city. Sosh was beloved by millions as a concierge on the cutting edge of culture and sold to Postmates in 2015.
Future is revolutionizing fitness by enabling remote 1-on-1 personal training. New members are carefully matched with a world-class trainer who creates personalized workouts each week. While trainers aren't physically with users in person, Future’s app enables continuous dialogue through text and voice notes pre-recorded in workouts. Future’s retention and Net Promoter Scores are off the charts, signaling low churn and high customer loyalty.
Future raised a $24M Series B in October 2020 led by Trustbridge Partners.
Tune in to hear Rishi’s story!
- (18:04) – The Origin Story
- (27:53) – The Build
- (55:04) – The Founder
- (1:00:41) – The Brainstorm
- (2:40) Rishi’s background
- (4:34) The power of working with the smartest people you can find
- (6:22) Knowing when you’re ready to start a venture
- (8:42) Analyzing the opportunity for Sosh, the recommendation engine for culture
- (15:14) Entrepreneur in Residence at Khosla Ventures
- (18:04) Why was Future compelling enough to chase it?
- (27:53) Why start with fitness?
- (31:42) Why is Future more effective than other fitness solutions?
- (39:20) Biggest bets that haven’t panned out?
- (47:17) Rishi’s Startup Manifesto
- (55:04) Words of advice to 18 year old
- (1:00:41) The Brainstorm – Cameo for business, future of retail, expert vision/AR in sports broadcasting
- Follow Future on Twitter // Instagram
- Follow Rishi on Twitter // Instagram
- Rishi's content and learning recommendations
The Founder - www.thefounderpod.com
- Follow The Founder (@founderpodcast) on Twitter // Instagram // Newsletter
- Follow Kallaway on Twitter
Don't have time to listen to the full episode? Read the 5-minute version here