Hmmm there seems to be a problem fetching this series right now. Last successful fetch was on November 24, 2022 07:33 ()
What now? This series will be checked again in the next hour. If you believe it should be working, please verify the publisher's feed link below is valid and includes actual episode links. You can contact support to request the feed be immediately fetched.
Manage episode 337913821 series 82224
This is the 343rd edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. You can CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD but note the shows are large files. The show is also available to stream via Mixcloud and the Progzilla Radio Network (the show appears on Progzilla in alternate weeks). This current show is a long track special, and we’ve not done one of those for a very long time. In short (no pun intended), there will be lots of epic tracks, and nothing under seven minutes in length, for your listening pleasure. There’s no feature album this time, but there is the usual eclectic mixture of music, including lots from 2022 and a few older tracks too. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks from where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 2 hours and 10 minutes. Downloaded file is 118.47 MB.
2. Heaven: I. All Once – II. Life Seeker – III. Würm – IV. Epilogue: It Was a Dream but I Carry It Still (10:07) – Brad Mehldau (Taken from the album ‘Jacob’s Ladder’; see bradmehldau.bandcamp.com/album/jacobs-ladder & bradmehldau.lnk.to/jacobsladder)
As part of the feature ‘The 80s Weren’t All Rubbish You Know’:
3. Home By The Sea (Live) (12:18) – Genesis (Taken from the CD single ‘Hold On My Heart’; see www.discogs.com/release/2486191-Genesis-Hold-On-My-Heart, www.genesis-music.com/ & www.facebook.com/genesis)
4. Decrypted (9:57) – Bubblemath (Taken from the album ‘Turf Ascension’; see cuneiformrecords.bandcamp.com/album/turf-ascension, www.bubblemath.com/, & www.facebook.com/bubblemath)
6. Whispering (Edit) (13:30) – Andrew Ostler (Taken from the album ‘Rolling Like A Bullet’; see andrew-ostler.bandcamp.com/album/rolling-like-a-bullet)
7. The Boss, The Siren, and the Sea (20:19) – The Curator (Taken from the album ‘All Lombard Street to a China Orange’; see thecurator1.bandcamp.com/album/all-lombard-street-to-a-china-orange & www.cromerzone.co.uk/)
9. Loosefish Scapegrace (7:46) – Cardiacs (Taken from the album ‘Songs for Ships and Irons’; see alphabet-business-concern.bandcamp.com/album/songs-for-ships-and-irons & www.cardiacs.net/)
10. The World Spins (Demo) (7:43) – Julee Cruise (Taken from the EP ‘Three Demos’; see juleecruisesb.bandcamp.com)
Thanks to all the musicians who contributed, and of course to all of you listeners. Send us comments if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!). If you want to keep up to date with news about the show, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join, plus don’t forget that we’re now part of the Progzilla Radio Network. I’ll be back next time with what counts around here as a ‘normal’ show – no themes, no interviews, and I won’t just be focusing on long tracks. Instead, just expect an eclectic mix of excellent music, most of it new, but with a few trips back into the past, including a feature album from 2001. I hope you’ll join me then.