Manage episode 333668665 series 82224
This is the 340th edition of the Epileptic Gibbon podcast music show and the playlist to accompany it. You can CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD but note the shows are large files. The show is also available to stream via Mixcloud and the Progzilla Radio Network (the show appears on Progzilla in alternate weeks). Following the last show when we focused on the new album by Bubblemath, on this show I’m bringing you a half-report on the musical year of 2022, so you’ll hear tracks from some of my favourite albums, EPs, and singles of the year so far. There’s no feature album this time as I’m just going to be cramming in as much music from as many releases as I can over the course of the show, but you can expect the usual eclectic mixture of music, from all the usual styles and genres, plus maybe a few unusual ones. Below you’ll find the track list, plus weblinks from where you can find more information about each artist.
Total running time: 2 hours and 37 minutes. Downloaded file is 143.2 MB.
2. Insecure (3:28) – The Brightmares (Taken from the album ‘When the World Gets Fixed’; see damonsmithmusic.bandcamp.com/album/when-the-world-gets-fixed-2, www.damonisaacsmith.com & www.facebook.com/damonsmith66)
3. Silence Is A Statement (4:25) – Hats Off Gentlemen It’s Adequate (Taken from the forthcoming album ‘The Confidence Trick’; see hatsoffgentlemen.bandcamp.com/album/the-confidence-trick, hatsoffgentlemen.com, & www.facebook.com/itsadequate)
4. The Fear Within (7:21) – Electric Mud (Taken from the album ‘The Inner World Outside’; see electricmud.bandcamp.com/album/the-inner-world-outside & www.facebook.com/electricmudhq)
5. If After Weeks Of Early Sun (4:17) – Hannah Peel & Paraorchestra (Taken from the album ‘The Unfolding’; see hannahpeelmusic.bandcamp.com/album/the-unfolding, www.hannahpeel.com/, & www.facebook.com/HannahPeelMusic/)
8. Just Before Goodnight (4:55) – BakaNeko Project (Taken from the album ‘Cat Me If You Can’; see zenta.bandcamp.com/album/cat-me-if-you-can)
12. Mondo Profondo 4 (5:35) – Baber/Wileman (Taken from the album ‘Baber/Wileman’; see baberwileman.bandcamp.com/album/baber-wileman)
14. The Dog Lies On His Back (4:29) – Those Men (Taken from the album ‘Fecundness’; see orcd.co/thosemen_fecundness, thosemen.co.uk, thosemen.bandcamp.com/track/the-dog-lies-on-its-back-track & www.facebook.com/ThoseMen)
18. Hollywood Dream Trip (5:16) – Group Listening (Taken from the album ‘Clarinet & Piano: Selected Works, Vol. 2’; see grouplistening.bandcamp.com/album/clarinet-piano-selected-works-vol-2 & www.facebook.com/grouplistening)
20. Blind Eye To A Burning House (6:56) – Great Wide Nothing (Single available to buy digitally via greatwidenothing.bandcamp.com/track/blind-eye-to-a-burning-house-single; see also www.facebook.com/greatwidenothingatl)
21. EppyFest 9 promo (2:50) (This year’s EppyFest is happening over the weekend of the 16th and 17th July and tickets are available to pre-order now via www.tickettailor.com/events/eppyfest/337812/)
22. Monocot (3:29) – Craig Fortnam (Taken from the album ‘Instrumental Music 1’; see craigfortnam.bandcamp.com/album/instrumental-music-1)
As part of the feature ‘Cats’ Corner’:
23. Pussycat Things (4:39) – Garden of Live Flowers (Not currently available to buy but it will appear on a new four-track EP, hopefully available to buy in time for EppyFest 9; see gardenofliveflowers.bandcamp.com/releases & www.facebook.com/gardenofliveflowers)
25. Dark Before Dawn (5:01) – Tony Patterson & Doug Melbourne (Taken from the album ‘Dark Before Dawn’; see pattersonmelbourne.bandcamp.com)
26. Those of the Reality (4:49) – LINDE (Taken from the album ‘Circadian’; see maaikevanderlinde.bandcamp.com/album/circadian)
27. Sparkling Drift (7:12) – anthéne & Simon McCorry (Taken from the album ‘Mind of Winter’; see hiddenvibes.bandcamp.com/album/mind-of-winter, www.facebook.com/hidevibes, anthene.bandcamp.com, & www.simonmccorry.com)
Thanks to all the musicians who contributed, and of course to all of you listeners. Send us comments if you like what you hear (or even if you don’t… feedback is so important!). If you want to keep up to date with news about the show, EppyFest, or just chat with other listeners, don’t forget that there’s a Facebook group – just search for the Eppy Gibbon Podcast Show on Facebook and request to join, plus don’t forget that we’re now part of the Progzilla Radio Network. I’ll be back next time with a special show that I’ll be putting together in collaboration with Rebsie Fairholm – we’ll be focusing on the period of 1966 to 1969 and a psychedelic, chamber pop, and proto-prog special, filled with some familiar names and some much more obscure ones. It’ll be a bit different than normal, but I think it’ll be a really great show. I hope to see you then.