Manage episode 324111732 series 2799305
Check out today’s Sponsors!
Get started with Grove at https://www.grove.com/LawNerd
Head to https://policygenius.com/LAWNERD to get your free life insurance quotes and see how much you could save.
Sherri Papini went out from a run on November 2, 2016, while her husband was at work and her two kids are at daycare. Her husband returned home from work was surprised she wasn’t home, was able to locate her phone through find my iPhone and located her phone, earbuds, and some hair. He reports her missing to the police. She was missing for 22 days before she was located in Yolo County. An investigation ensued and, according to new court filings, that investigation lead to the conclusion that Sherri Papini didn’t get kidnapped at all. New court filings charge Papini with lying to investigators and mail fraud related to funds taken from the California Victim Compensation Board. It’s alleged that Papini received over $30,000 from the CVCB. The complaint details the numerous statements made by Papini and that she was confronted by investigators with evidence that she had lied and doubled down. This is just the beginning of the prosecution. Papini faces up to 25 years in federal prison in addition to over $50,000 in fines.
- Sherri Papini faked her own kidnapping, feds say | KRON4
Connect With Me.
- Get the Members Only ‘I Have Thoughts Podcast https://www.LawNerdsUnite.com
- Join the Text Crew https://www.TextEmily.Com
- Looking for my YouTube videos? https//www.WatchEmily.com
- Want to connect with Emily More? https://www.Instagram.com/theemilydbaker
- I share things on Twitter too! https://www.twitter.com/theemilydbaker