Manage episode 330363091 series 2799305
Thank You Sponsors!
- Check out Backbone at https://playbackbone.com/lawnerd
- Try Greenchef at https://www.GreenChef.com/EmilyBaker130
The final week of the Johnny Depp v. Amber Heard trial felt like a sprint. The week started still in Amber Heard’s case in chief. Then to both Depp’s and Heard’s Rebuttal witnesses and finishing with closing arguments on May 27, 2022. The Jury is still out and we will see when and if they render a verdict in the coming days. One of the looming factors in week 6 was the clock. The Court gave each side 61 hours and 15 minutes to try their case. During the final week, Heard’s lawyers were fighting for every minute of trial time, something that carried through closing arguments.
Week six also brought out the sassy witnesses and it became clear how much the internet impacted this trial with three witnesses in Depp’s rebuttal that connected to the legal team because this case was being televised. Really interesting stuff happening in court.
What, if any, thoughts do you have about Week 6?
Connect With Me.
- Get the Members Only ‘I Have Thoughts Podcast https://www.LawNerdsUnite.com
- Join the Text Crew https://www.TextEmily.Com
- Looking for my YouTube videos? https//www.WatchEmily.com
- Want to connect with Emily More? https://www.Instagram.com/theemilydbaker
- I share things on Twitter too! https://www.twitter.com/theemilydbaker