Manage episode 319566599 series 2899571
(The Dudes in Hyperspace Podcast is presented by Chris Kennedy Publishing. Learn more about CKP’s wide array of award-winning books and stories at https://chriskennedypublishing.com/)
The Dudes usher in a brand-new era of the show as proud members of the Bleav Podcast Network — the #1 podcast network for professionals!
The guys go briefly around the horn with the latest news about their current book projects and event schedules.
- Rob continues work on THE ELDROS LEGACY, tons happening at New Mythology Press
- Ian is king of the warball Xs and OS as work continues on his forthcoming sports-centric scifi novel, THE LAST ARGONAUT. Looks ahead to Pensacon, happening Feb. 18-20 in Pensacola, FL.
- Kevin wraps REDACTED WEAPON, work continues on CKP International
The guys discuss the various ways in which they craft their stories.
- Outlining vs. “pantsing”
- Where do story ideas begin?
- The importance of routines and realistic goal setting
- Worldbuilding and advanced story prep
- The drafting process, likes and dislikes
- Excuses vs. Reasons not to write
- Projected turnaround time for a project
- Advice for new and aspiring writers
The guys break down the latest happenings around Chris Kennedy Publishing including this week’s new release — REVENANT by J.P. Chandler. Grab your copy at https://amzn.to/3sghtY8
Ian also runs down the latest pre-release, audio, and book news from CKP.
Pod Mail Segment
The guys answer questions from their listeners!
- Audiobook creation tips for new authors
- Is Sean Payton headed to Dallas in 2023? Other NFL coaching news.
- The Washington… Commanders?
- Super Bowl party menu tips (with recipes!)
The guys look ahead to what’s on tap in the days and weeks ahead — including their Super Bowl picks!
As always, 5-star reviews of the show are much appreciated on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, or wherever you subscribe.
Likes and channel subscriptions are also much appreciated on YouTube.