Manage episode 306414399 series 2899571
Segment 1: Mia Kleve Interview
Editor extraordinaire and noted food critic Mia Kleve drops some serious “meat and potatoes” knowledge for busy authors about what makes for a good meal, and a good manuscript.
- Cooking on a budget (money and time)
- Turning something old into something new in the kitchen
- To Bean or Not to Bean? That is the (chili) question
- Rocky Mountain Oysters: Adventurous cuisine or “Hell to the Nah!”
- What are the different types of editing that authors can pay for?
- Which services does Mia provide through her company, MRK’d Up Editing?
- Know your genre before hiring an editor
- Tactics and techniques for attracting agents and publishers
- Submission guidelines are an author’s best friend
The guys break down the latest happenings around Chris Kennedy Publishing (CKP) including this week’s new releases — HARBINGER by Kevin Ikenberry, IT TAKES MORE KINDS edited by Kevin Steverson, and A NEST OF STARS by Matt Novotny.
Ian also runs down the latest pre-release, audio, and book news from CKP.
Segment 2: Open Segment + Pod Mail
The guys go “around the horn” with news on their various projects including:
- FactoryCon recap
- 20Books Conference in Las Vegas
Pod Mail and White Flag Topics:
- Rob gives 5 stars to DUNE
- Ian and Kevin are cautiously optimistic about the new MORBIUS trailer
- Kevin Steverson KNOWS pizza!
- It’s go time in the NFL
- Denny Hamlin is a moron + NASCAR title weekend talk
- Yellowstone and Dexter return to TV
As always, 5-star reviews of the show are much appreciated on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, or wherever you subscribe.
(The Dudes in Hyperspace Podcast is presented by Chris Kennedy Publishing.)