Episode #81: Tiffany Cheng on Swapping Corporate Life for your Passion
Manage episode 346250928 series 2813418
In this episode, I chat with Leadership Coach and Founder of Inspire My Day – Tiffany Cheng. Tiffany shares what she learned from growing up in China and the disappointment she felt from her parents; who left her with her grandparents because she was not a boy. We talk about the work/life culture difference she has found living in Belgium, and the discomfort of juggling her corporate goal led career path and family life and how that ultimately didn’t work. Tiffany shares how leaving corporate life very recently has already brought her into a place of living a more abundant and empowered life, even as she’s still establishing herself (and getting used to the different pace and tasks) as an entrepreneur.
Tiffany helps senior leaders overcome influencing decisions and communications to drive change at work; so they can achieve their business goals, realize their career purpose, grow personally and accomplish what they set out to achieve. She shares a compelling backstory on what led her to leave corporate life in order to pursue her passion and launch her business Inspire My Day. Stay tuned for her inspiring story and so much more.
Key Points Discussed:
- The discomfort in Tiffany’s childhood, which helped shape who she is. (4:27)
- Living in China and finding role models in powerful American women (14:08)
- Experiencing the difference in work ethics between China and Europe, whilst working at Volvo (20:09)
- Landing Tiffany’s dream job that she had envisaged 16 years prior, and the discomfort that it brought: taking her away from her family (25:06)
- Leaving comfort of corporate life to launch her dream business (29:33)
- The struggles of being an entrepreneur (44:11)
- What Tiffany’s business Inspire My Day is all about (46:41)
- Why making 10 year plans in business is important (1:09:36)
Connect with Tiffany:
Connect with Betsy:
Rate, Review, Learn and Share
Thanks for tuning into The Discomfort Practice! If you enjoyed this episode, please drop us a five star and written review, follow and share how it has benefited you. Don’t forget to tune into our other episodes and share your favorite ones on social media!