Manage episode 329773458 series 3052259
Major shifts in the delivery of healthcare are introducing new and unforeseen cybersecurity and privacy risks. Cybersecurity and risk leaders in healthcare must rapidly adapt their programs and protection mechanisms to avoid adverse impacts from evolving cyber threats.
Any one of these emerging risk areas can cut deep and have material impacts to patient safety, financials, reputation, and more. In this session, we provide an overview of new cyber threats and solutions through the lens of Ron Belfont, Information Security Officer and Director of Security & Support Services for Bayhealth Medical Center, and his years of experience safeguarding patient information and systems.
Topics covered in this session include:
- Internet of Things (IoT) & Internet of Medical Things (IoMT) challenges and solutions
- Securing health apps and wearables
- Emerging regulatory changings including HIPAA
- Cybersecurity approaches for the remote workforce
- Fourth-party vendor risks and securing the healthcare supply chain
- Cyberwar and changes to the threat landscape