Manage episode 338548845 series 3052259
Breaches continue to balloon for healthcare applications as the industry continues to drive innovations in virtual care, personalized medicine, and digital healthcare. Organizations that deploy robust application development security programs create the opportunity to identify and correct security weaknesses before products hit the market.
Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) security programs provide the tools, processes, and training required to design products with security in mind to reduce the likelihood of breaches of sensitive information.
Join us for this episode of the CyberPHIx podcast where we hear from Ed Adams, CEO for Security Innovation. Security Innovation provides application security services, training, testing, and consulting to healthcare and other industries.
Topics covered in this session include:
- Application development security trends
- The latest threats and vulnerabilities impacting healthcare application development
- Best practices for securing AppDev, DevOps, and DevSecOps teams and processes
- Common development misconceptions and missteps that lead to security exposures
- Security training approaches for healthcare app developers
- Frameworks and external resources for SDLC security including OWASP and others
- Healthcare-specific vulnerabilities and risk exposures identified during application development
- Third-party and fourth-party risks including open-sourced code and IoT devices
- Budget priorities for SDLC security investments