CBC Radio's Dr. Brian Goldman takes listeners through the swinging doors of hospitals and doctors' offices, behind the curtain where the gurney lies.
Manage episode 305393457 series 1345893
By Audioboom and The Curbsiders Internal Medicine Podcast. Discovered by Player FM and our community — copyright is owned by the publisher, not Player FM, and audio is streamed directly from their servers. Hit the Subscribe button to track updates in Player FM, or paste the feed URL into other podcast apps.
Join us for this rapid fire review of systems featuring our top pearls and articles LIVE! from the TriService ACP conference. Matt and Paul serve up their favorite practice changing knowledge food on antibiotics, MRSA, hair loss, dementia, seizures, diabetes, medications for hypertension, foods for constipation, diverticulitis, colon cancer screening, colon polyps, chronic sinusitis, chronic cough, treatment of uterine bleeding, and more!
No CME for this episode, but check out curbsiders.vcuhealth.org for past CME offerings!
Episodes | Subscribe | Spotify | Swag! | Top Picks | Mailing List | email@example.com | Free CME!
- Matthew Watto MD, FACP; Paul Williams MD, FACP
- Cover Art: Sawyer Watto
- Editor: Matthew Watto MD (written materials); Clair Morgan of nodderly.com
Get 10% off your first month at betterhelp.com/curb.
Sponsor: ACP’s National Internal Medicine Day
Help the American College of Physicians celebrate National Internal Medicine Day on October 28th. Visit https://www.acponline.org/NIMD2021 to learn how you can show your internal medicine pride. Be sure to tag @ACPInternists and use the hashtag #NationalInternalMedicineDay.
CME Partner: VCU Health CE
The Curbsiders are partnering with VCU Health Continuing Education to offer FREE continuing education credits for physicians and other healthcare professionals. Visit curbsiders.vcuhealth.org and search for this episode to claim credit.
- Intro, disclaimer
- ID: Shorter is better; MRSA swabs; Antibiotics for diverticulitis
- Endo: Prediabetes in older adults,
- MSK: Knee OA, orthopedic surgery
- Derm: Alopecia
- Neuro: Seizures, dementia quick typing
- Cardio: Coffee and arrhythmias; Hypertension management, ACEi vs ARBs
- Respiratory: Chronic cough and sinusitis
- GI: CRC screening, foods for constipation
- GU: treatment of uterine bleeding
- Addiction Medicine: smoking cessation, buprenorphine