Manage episode 340532497 series 2528505
In today’s episode of BizableTV, Mental Performance Coach & Speaker Lauren Johnson explains how you can develop the necessary mental skills that will make you invincible and adaptable. Through her experience with athletics, she illustrates the ways her identity has been shaped by belief and action.
Belief, in turn, is shaped by identity and action. It can be difficult to shift your paradigm when it is being clouded by blind spots and intrusive emotions. However, the power to choose your response, beginning with the separation of truth from feelings, can alter the demarcation of power. Adversity is inevitable – it’s the response that determines which outcomes you receive.
Key takeaways from today’s episode:
- 0:50 – Introducing Lauren Johnson, a mental performance coach and speaker who specializes in performance psychology.
- 3:42 – How growth comes from learning to redefine our relationship with the problem.
- 6:14 – Get advice for those dealing with uncertainty or negative feedback.
- 9:35 – How to focus on the present in order to manage fear.
- 16:28 – How Lauren’s epiphany while working at Starbucks was a breakthrough.
- 20:22 – How Lauren’s work with the New York Yankees was able to help a player cast away limiting beliefs.
- 26:40 – Why finding someone you trust to elicit honest feedback and identify blind spots is important.
- 32:15 – How to shift your mindset to navigate negativity to make progress quickly.
The BizableTV Podcast is the companion show to the new BizableTV streaming service that's been touted as the "Netflix for creative entrepreneurs."
Get 7 days of BizableTV FREE! Stream exclusive entrepreneurs, docuseries, BizableTV University, and live streams on BizableTV!
If you have any guest suggestions or comments, please email them to: firstname.lastname@example.org