082 Over Identifying With Your Client
Manage episode 359049397 series 3005228
In today's episode we are talking about something coaches often bring to supervision and this is the issue of over identifying with a client. This can be from a space of shared experience of perceived shared experience from either party.
We talk about:
- how we as coaches can suspend our own experience
- the importance of supporting coachees to access their own resources
- the unhealthy and unhelpful aspect of overidentifying
- what signs our body language might be giving
- what role are you carrying out for your client? Is it that of coach or mentor?
- the power of coaches doing their own inner work
- how you can learn from your experience within coaching sessions
Our development as a coach is to be aware when we find ourselves overidentifying with a client and being clear about when that is happening. As our experience grows we will become more able to coach within a clean space. It is not necessary to be a perfect coach but in these situations it is important to know where you can go for reflection.
Purchase our bestselling book ”Deciding to Coach”: https://amzn.to/3UvUe9r
Take our FREE Quiz 'Which Coaching Course is Right for Me?'
Join The Coaching Crowd Community on Facebook
In Good Company (UK)
Check out our YouTube Channel
Check out our Instagram
Work with Jo Wheatley as your Emotions Coach
Connect with Jo Wheatley on Instagram
Connect with Jo Wheatley on LinkedIn
Work with Zoe Hawkins as your Courageous Leadership Coach
Connect with Zoe Hawkins on Facebook
Connect with Zoe Hawkins on LinkedIn
Connect with Zoe Hawkins on Instagram