055 Ethical Coaching
Manage episode 341557042 series 3005228
In this week's episode we are discussing ethical coaching. Ethics are at the centre of great coaching and helps to guide our practice but as the coaching industry is unregulated where can we turn to for our ethical framework? We discuss:
- where we can turn to as coaches for an ethical framework
- a number of different examples of ethical dilemmas coaches might face
- our judgement as coaches and practitioners that needs to be developed within the code of ethics.
- the role of supervision to support us working through our ethical questions
- the importance of boundaries
- one ethics model that is incredibly useful for coaches
Ethical issues, although rare, are a great opportunity to tap into your experience as a coach and we hope we have given you a range of situations and frameworks to consider when wanting to be an ethical coach.
Link to purchase our bestselling book ”Deciding to Coach”: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09XG1SJWC
- Take our FREE Quiz 'Which Coaching Course is Right for Me?'
- Join The Coaching Crowd Community on Facebook
- In Good Company (UK)
- Check out our YouTube Channel
- Check out our Instagram
- Work with Jo Wheatley as your Emotions Coach
- Connect with Jo Wheatley on Instagram
- Connect with Jo Wheatley on LinkedIn
- Work with Zoe Hawkins as your Courageous Leadership Coach
- Connect with Zoe Hawkins on Facebook
- Connect with Zoe Hawkins on LinkedIn
- Connect with Zoe Hawkins on Instagram