048 Building Confidence as a Coach
Manage episode 336057390 series 3005228
In this week's episode we are discussing how you can build your confidence as a coach. We know that it can be something new coaches struggle with as we have been there ourselves and we hear it from our trainee coaches.
We will discuss:
- the transition from feeling like an expert in your field which builds your confidence to being a coach drawing on a different set of skills
- the idea that you don’t need to be the expert as a coach
- the worry new coaches have about wondering what question they should ask next in a coaching session
- not needing to have planned out your whole client session
- that it is supportive to sit in discomfort and the feeling of not knowing with your client
- what preparation can you do?
- the tools that are powerful for coaches such as reflection, CPD opportunities and supervision
- how can perfectionism impact confidence levels?
It is a normal and natural process as you grow in to a new role as a coach that you find ways to develop your confidence. Sometimes we need to look for the evidence that tells us we are developing confidence to support further growth. With practice, support and clarity you can build your confidence. Link to purchase our bestselling book ”Deciding to Coach”: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09XG1SJWC
- Take our FREE Quiz 'Which Coaching Course is Right for Me?'
- Join The Coaching Crowd Community on Facebook
- In Good Company (UK)
- Check out our YouTube Channel
- Check out our Instagram
- Work with Jo Wheatley as your Emotions Coach
- Connect with Jo Wheatley on Instagram
- Connect with Jo Wheatley on LinkedIn
- Work with Zoe Hawkins as your Courageous Leadership Coach
- Connect with Zoe Hawkins on Facebook
- Connect with Zoe Hawkins on LinkedIn
- Connect with Zoe Hawkins on Instagram