True Meaning of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion | Meryl K Evans, Speaker and Accessibility Consultant
Manage episode 347391905 series 3163739
Diversity, equity and inclusion are the important parameters that the businesses are considering to follow, especially in the world post the pandemic. With diverse resources available across the globe, efforts are taken to employ diverse communities and shed off the biases of colour, gender, etc. Another important community that need attention are the disabled people with different challenges. Today, we talk about the challenges of inclusion of disabled people with deaf community in particular.
About Meryl K Evans
- Meryl is a speaker and an accessibility consultant.
- She is one of 12 people on LinkedIn top voices for disability advocacy.
- Meryl is also an author of two books.
- Meryl was born partially deaf and has grown up learning how to speak by lip-reading. She doesn’t know sign language.
- Her career started with the Federal Government when the American Disabilities Act made it possible for the relay service to be provided nationwide.
- In 2000, I started writing on the side and never planned to do my own business because I knew it would be harder to bring in clients when you have a disability.
- But in 2005, I decided to work for myself full-time and transitioned from writing to digital marketing.
- In 2018, I started making videos which were surprisingly taken very well and in 2019.