Stan "The Rhino" Efferding: “Compliance Is The Science”— Achieving Peak Performance With Precision In All Areas Of Life
Manage episode 346118788 series 2421902
In this episode you will hear from an incredible entrepreneur who has succeeded across all channels of competition, from sports to business, Stan Efferding!
Stan is a legend in the bodybuilding/powerlifting space, and he is also an incredibly high-performing champion—not only in competitive sports but also in business. He is also one of the great diet experts on the planet who puts out an incredible amount of content, and he brings such a thoughtful and strategic approach to not only weight loss but weight gain for competitors in strength sports as well.
This episode is full of interesting insights thanks to Stan’s knowledge and highly sensible perspective, and as you’ll hear me remark during the show, it feels like we’re all finally marching towards this end point where we’re increasing the sensibility of our dietary practices and getting away from restrictions and gimmicks. This episode is packed with memorable insights and interesting takeaways about everything from peak performance to entrepreneurial success to sustainable weight loss methods and healthy eating strategies. Stan also dispenses some wonderful advice and tips about career success and focus in this inspirational show.
Stan Efferding is an IFBB Professional bodybuilder, World Record Holding Powerlifter, and one of just 10 men in the world to ever total over 2,300 pounds raw in competition! He is also a successful entrepreneur who has built three different start-up businesses into multi-million dollar companies. Stan studied Exercise Science at the University of Oregon and has been training high school, Collegiate, and Professional athletes for over 25 years, and once held the title of the World’s Strongest Bodybuilder. And if that wasn’t enough, he also conducts seminars all over the country for various sports and nutrition and training techniques, and has written for magazines like Muscular Development, Flex Magazine and Power Magazine.
Stan Efferding, weight lifter and businessman, talks about weight loss and weight gain in strength sports. [01:26]
Stan’s story goes from being a scrawny kid to building businesses, and living big and turning back to strength training and coaching. [04:29]
Anyone who has reached a level of success in any sport with the discipline, consistency and time management that is required, could be successful in any venture. [08:11]
Stan uses a spreadsheet to hold himself accountable for his plans for fitness as well as business. [11:30]
There are many stressful situations in your life about which you have no control. It helps to acknowledge that, write about it, and then let it go. [17:15]
Stan has the most experience of anyone on gaining and losing weight. [21:50]
There is a lot of danger in the chronic dieting environment of weightlifting and bodybuilding. [23:54]
What is recommended for postmenopausal women? [40:52]
There's a big difference between exercise and training. Exercise is battle ropes and burpees. Training is measurably progressing load over time so that you're stronger. [43:32]
Be patient with your weight loss. [50:58]
What is the Vertical Diet? [55:49]
What is Stan’s regimen now that he is in his mid-50s and not competing? [01:01:49]
- Brad Kearns.com
- Brad’s Shopping page
- Stress for Success
- If you want to be healthy, don’t compete
- Vertical Diet
- Stan Efferding.com
Join Brad for more fun on:
We appreciate all feedback, and questions for Q&A shows, emailed to email@example.com. If you have a moment, please share an episode you like with a quick text message, or leave a review on your podcast app. Thank you!
Check out each of these companies because they are absolutely awesome or they wouldn’t occupy this revered space. Seriously, Brad won’t promote anything he doesn’t absolutely love and use in daily life.
- Butcher Box: Convenient, affordable home delivery - free shipping! - of the highest quality meat, poultry, and seafood with customizable box design. Click here for special promotion.
- Brad’s Macadamia Masterpiece: Mind-blowing, life-changing nut butter blend
- Male Optimization Formula with Organs (MOFO): Optimize testosterone naturally with 100% grassfed animal organ supplement
- BeautyCounter: Complete line of cosmetics tested to be free of typical toxins and endocrine disruptors. Try Brad's favorite vitamin-C skin serum and make the switch away from toxic mainstream skin-care products!
- BiOptimizers: Top quality performance supplements like magnesium, probiotics, and digestive enzymes. BRAD10 for 10% off
- LMNT Electrolyte Drink Mix: Tasty, sugar-free, scientifically formulated electrolyte drink mix with everything you need and nothing you don't. Free sample pack, just click the link!
- BradNutrition.com: Coming soon - the ultimate whey protein superfuel formula for peak performance and longevity
- Ultimate Morning Routine Online Course: Learn how to custom-design an energizing, focusing morning exercise routine. Enroll now for earlybird discount
Check out Brad Kearns Favorites Page for great products and discounts
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.