Manage episode 348656107 series 2421902
It’s time to talk to the Meat Mafia!
I have two very interesting guests today—Harrison Gray (Clemenza) and Brett Sollozo, the hosts of the Meat Mafia podcast. These Twitter sensations have been doing a fantastic job enthusiastically spreading the word (especially to their younger demographic) about cleaning up your diet, focusing on nutrient density, and second guessing the industrialized food system and the misinformation we’ve been presented about it through their podcast. You’ll hear Brett and Clemenza talk about the events that led to their health awakening, how the health problems Brett faced in his youth ended up leaving him hospitalized (plus many expensive treatments), the extreme endurance goals they are now both pursuing, and the food they use to fuel these endeavors. You will hear about the exact foods they eat in their thoughtful and intentional diet, and some may surprise you (hint: a certain type of fruit juice gets on the list!), the core tenants of the Meat Mafia lifestyle, and much more!
The Meat Mafia guys started at a young age to realize that animal-based diet was the healthiest for them. [00:53]
Their mission is to question what has gone wrong with the food system and how to create some sustainable solutions to make people healthier. [05:15]
Brett had a terrible physical problem when only 21 years old. Being told he would be on medication forever prompted him to investigate a healthier diet. [06:55]
Was it the processed foods or the plants taking him down? You can be eating well and then lifestyle can change and you go back to what is not good. [10:11]
The Meat Mafia is really connecting with people in their age group to educate them on how to enjoy preparing their own real food. [15:19]
It is so easy to get drawn into the hyper palatable foods in the inner aisles of the market. Most super markets have about 33,000 products controlled by about 10 companies! They know how to draw you in. [19:23]
When we are used to some foods, it is difficult to change, but it doesn’t take long to lose the craving when you know it is not good for you. Your taste buds do evolve. [22:40]
Your mentality can be hijacked. [24:29]
Anyone who suffers from a physical ailment owes it to themself to embark on diet experimentation. [26:46]
Learning to cook your own healthy meals can turn into a very exciting hobby. [30:27]
Your environment is very important in keeping you on track. [32:55]
Harry and Brett were baseball players. How did they jump into deep endurance? [35:30]
What are some insights they have learned from their guests? [47:59]
What does the regenerative farming mean? [52:52]
Some farming can be done carbon negative. [56:17]
Mono cropping agriculture, factory farming, is a great contributor to the environmental problem. [59:40]
- Brad Kearns.com
- Brad’s Shopping page
- Meat Mafia
- White Oak Pastures
- Meat Mafia Podcast
- “I wasn’t giving my genes what they wanted and it kind of caught up to me when I was 21.” –Brett Clemenza
Join Brad for more fun on:
We appreciate all feedback, and questions for Q&A shows, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have a moment, please share an episode you like with a quick text message, or leave a review on your podcast app. Thank you!
Check out each of these companies because they are absolutely awesome or they wouldn’t occupy this revered space. Seriously, Brad won’t promote anything he doesn’t absolutely love and use in daily life.
- Butcher Box: Convenient, affordable home delivery - free shipping! - of the highest quality meat, poultry, and seafood with customizable box design. Click here for special promotion.
- New: B.rad Whey Protein Superfuel With Creatine. This is the most pure and potent whey protein in the world, 100% sourced from small family farms in Wisconsin, and boosted with creatine for a true superfuel
- Brad’s Macadamia Masterpiece: Mind-blowing, life-changing nut butter blend
- Male Optimization Formula with Organs (MOFO): Optimize testosterone naturally with 100% grassfed animal organ supplement
- BeautyCounter: Complete line of cosmetics tested to be free of typical toxins and endocrine disruptors. Try Brad's favorite vitamin-C skin serum and make the switch away from toxic mainstream skin-care products!
- BiOptimizers: Top quality performance supplements like magnesium, probiotics, and digestive enzymes. BRAD10 for 10% off
- LMNT Electrolyte Drink Mix: Tasty, sugar-free, scientifically formulated electrolyte drink mix with everything you need and nothing you don't. Free sample pack, just click the link!
- BradNutrition.com: Coming soon - the ultimate whey protein superfuel formula for peak performance and longevity
- Ultimate Morning Routine Online Course: Learn how to custom-design an energizing, focusing morning exercise routine. Enroll now for earlybird discount
Check out Brad Kearns Favorites Page for great products and discounts
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.