Mark Bell: How To Get Jacked And Tan And Other Life Lessons
Manage episode 348032004 series 2421902
“You don’t just fall apart when you get old—it’s the bad habits that are potentially going to cause you to fall apart much faster.”
It’s time to meet the meathead millionaire, my good friend Mark Bell, co-host of the sensational podcast, Power Project. Mark is a legend in the powerlifting and fitness community, a well known fitness entrepreneur, and a free-thinking and motivated guy who is all about dedicating his time towards helping others. In this thoughtful episode Mark and I talk about fitness and diet, and it gets pretty deep at times as he opens up about important moments in his life story, like the untimely death of his role model and older brother—a tragedy that became the catalyst for him to pursue his dreams. You’ll also hear Mark talk about how he lost over 100 pounds and kept it off, the different diets he has experimented with over the last decade, how to set attainable diet and fat reduction goals, and finally, how his lifelong exploration of healthy eating has led him to meat and fruit (plus, a little bit about the special project we’re working on together!).
It’s every human being’s job to make yourself super resilient. [09:16]
Many people just sweep their problems under the rug and walk around like a stress bomb. [18:26]
Make a plan and stick with it. [22:41]
Mark’s journey from wrestling with his brothers to power lifting is detailed. [27:15]
The first thing you want to do to become a competitive power lifter is to gain weight. [37:59]
Your first rep should look like your last rep. Prioritize what you want to get good at. [40:59]
Try something totally new to what you have been doing. Do it gradually. [46:51]
Pain and injury can be your teacher. They monitor how you should be using your body. [53:11]
There are many ways to train and to train cheating the system. You always have to work around potential problems. [58:49]
Reproduction, repair, growth, and locomotion are a zero-sum game. [01:04:35]
Find what works for you. Being on a diet doesn’t have to be boring. [01:08:37]
Your relationship with food changes when you totally adjust your intake from training. [01:16:23]
When you go into power lifting, putting on weight is a good way to get stronger. [01:19:39]
What is the secret behind the slingshot? [01:21:30]
How did Mark get into the entrepreneur position after the power lifting? How did he lose the excess body weight from the 330 pounds he was carrying around? [01:25:41]
People who carry extra weight need to think about the joints wearing out as well as heart and kidneys. It’s never too late to turn the corner. [01:55:56]
Negative emotions come from negative interpretations. [02:00:25]
Join Brad for more fun on:
We appreciate all feedback, and questions for Q&A shows, emailed to email@example.com. If you have a moment, please share an episode you like with a quick text message, or leave a review on your podcast app. Thank you!
Check out each of these companies because they are absolutely awesome or they wouldn’t occupy this revered space. Seriously, Brad won’t promote anything he doesn’t absolutely love and use in daily life.
- Butcher Box: Convenient, affordable home delivery - free shipping! - of the highest quality meat, poultry, and seafood with customizable box design. Click here for special promotion.
- New: B.rad Whey Protein Superfuel With Creatine. This is the most pure and potent whey protein in the world, 100% sourced from small family farms in Wisconsin, and boosted with creatine for a true superfuel
- Brad’s Macadamia Masterpiece: Mind-blowing, life-changing nut butter blend
- Male Optimization Formula with Organs (MOFO): Optimize testosterone naturally with 100% grassfed animal organ supplement
- BeautyCounter: Complete line of cosmetics tested to be free of typical toxins and endocrine disruptors. Try Brad's favorite vitamin-C skin serum and make the switch away from toxic mainstream skin-care products!
- BiOptimizers: Top quality performance supplements like magnesium, probiotics, and digestive enzymes. BRAD10 for 10% off
- LMNT Electrolyte Drink Mix: Tasty, sugar-free, scientifically formulated electrolyte drink mix with everything you need and nothing you don't. Free sample pack, just click the link!
- BradNutrition.com: Coming soon - the ultimate whey protein superfuel formula for peak performance and longevity
- Ultimate Morning Routine Online Course: Learn how to custom-design an energizing, focusing morning exercise routine. Enroll now for earlybird discount
Check out Brad Kearns Favorites Page for great products and discounts
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.