Listener Q&A: Correcting Overstressing and Questions About Carb Cycling, Hormetic Stressors, and Cholesterol (Breather Show with Brad)
Manage episode 346443175 series 2421902
We hit the Q&A hard with some really thoughtful and interesting questions on topics like:
How to correct feeling overstressed after workouts and does my Morning Exercise Routine run counter to the recommendation to avoid working the same muscle groups day after day? We also go over how MOFO can help boost testosterone, answer questions like is carb cycling an effective strategy?, and touch on second guessing hormetic stressors, as covered in my previous shows with Jay Feldman. Finally, one listener asks if an animal-based eater should try green powder and another asks about the myth that cholesterol increases in relation to egg consumption. Join the conversation by emailing email@example.com
David is a fit 43-year-old struggling with stress reaction after exercise. He needs to look at revising his exercise pattern and the timing of his workouts. Most people, it seems, do workouts way more than is recommended. [03:01]
Your first rep ought to be as high quality as your final rep. [08:47]
Learn about positional parasympathetic breathing post workout and think about balancing your protein diet and rest. [09:38]
Mark Miller asks about Brad’s daily routine being in conflict with the advice that you don’t want to train the same muscle group on consecutive days. [12:44]
Mike Catlin is asking about the modifications in the diet, particularly regarding testosterone level. [18:36]
Carb cycling implies going in a ketogenic pattern and then increasing the carb intake. [27:14]
There is an important distinction between processed carbohydrates and nutrient-dense carbs. [30:09]
Many fitness enthusiasts go overboard on these things. You have to distinguish between the stress and the mechanism. [32:11]
Research shows that we spend almost 93 percent of our time in temperature-controlled locations. Occasional exposure to temperature challenges can benefit us. [40:12]
If Brad promotes animal-based diet, what is he saying about athletic greens? [47:21]
From Sweden comes Par asking about eggs and cholesterol causing heart disease. [49:57]
- Brad Kearns.com
- Brad’s Shopping page
- Mark Bell Podcast with Brad
- Podcast Dr. Jannine Krause
- Brad Kearns’s Morning Routine
- Brad’s First Simpler Morning Routine
- Ancestral Supplements
- Keto Reset Diet
- Keto for Life
- Thomas DeLauer YouTube
- Podcast with Dr. Anna Lembke
Join Brad for more fun on:
We appreciate all feedback, and questions for Q&A shows, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have a moment, please share an episode you like with a quick text message, or leave a review on your podcast app. Thank you!
Check out each of these companies because they are absolutely awesome or they wouldn’t occupy this revered space. Seriously, Brad won’t promote anything he doesn’t absolutely love and use in daily life.
- Butcher Box: Convenient, affordable home delivery - free shipping! - of the highest quality meat, poultry, and seafood with customizable box design. Click here for special promotion.
- Brad’s Macadamia Masterpiece: Mind-blowing, life-changing nut butter blend
- Male Optimization Formula with Organs (MOFO): Optimize testosterone naturally with 100% grassfed animal organ supplement
- BeautyCounter: Complete line of cosmetics tested to be free of typical toxins and endocrine disruptors. Try Brad's favorite vitamin-C skin serum and make the switch away from toxic mainstream skin-care products!
- BiOptimizers: Top quality performance supplements like magnesium, probiotics, and digestive enzymes. BRAD10 for 10% off
- LMNT Electrolyte Drink Mix: Tasty, sugar-free, scientifically formulated electrolyte drink mix with everything you need and nothing you don't. Free sample pack, just click the link!
- BradNutrition.com: Coming soon - the ultimate whey protein superfuel formula for peak performance and longevity
- Ultimate Morning Routine Online Course: Learn how to custom-design an energizing, focusing morning exercise routine. Enroll now for earlybird discount
Check out Brad Kearns Favorites Page for great products and discounts
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.