Brad: Five Tips To Aging Gracefully, Part 1 - Clean Up Your Diet
Manage episode 350283294 series 2421902
In this episode, I put together five simple, practical tips to age gracefully and optimize energy and body composition.
I’m recording this on the heels of a lot of Energy Balance commentary— my interviews with Jay Feldman and multi-part reflections on the Energy Balance concept: the idea that we want our body functioning at maximum energy production at all times so that we can feel naturally energetic and active throughout the day. We want all our dials turned up at maximum—this includes metabolic dials, processing energy efficiently so we can perform workouts and stay active and energetic throughout the day, rather than dragging ourselves through life and feeling that constant, lingering fatigue—which comes from having inferior energy production and inferior energy balance.
How does that happen—how do we even get into this situation in the first place? As you will hear in this episode, it comes from prolonged periods of stillness (which actually makes you more tired) and a lack of fitness in general. In this show, I talk about how energy is a renewable resource, explain how exercise actually makes you a more energetic person, and share ways you can actually become a more energetic person. I also share the #1 longevity factor and talk about what lean muscle mass indicates about your health, highlight the problems that come with losing muscle mass as you age, and reveal the secret to truly aging gracefully.
We want our bodies to be functioning at maximum energy production at all times. Too much stillness will actually make you more tired. [01:02]
It has become normal to assume that with aging comes accelerated decline and demise. [04:09]
Consuming processed food will lead to lifelong insidious weight gain. Get rid of toxic modern foods. [06:14]
Your choice of olive oil should be Extra Virgin First Pressed Domestic olive oil. Avocado oil is a good alternative, however, beware that all avocado oils are not created equal. [13:32]
Refined sugars and grains are nutrient deficient and prompt many physical problems. [16:46]
Another food elimination to consider is foods that are high in natural plant toxins. [18:04]
Most commercial nuts like cashews, almonds, and such can be poisonous until they are processed. [23:00]
Even if you have a gluten-free diet, you can still ingest many other things that have a similar effect. [28:29]
- Brad Kearns.com
- Brad’s Shopping page
- Why We Get Fat
- Primal Kitchen
- Olive Oil Lovers Club
- Monterey Bay Acquarium.org
- Food Lies film
- “Not only are these plant superstars unnecessary and pale in comparison when it comes to the nutrient density of animal foods, they can also be potentially problematic.”
- “Soaking, sprouting, fermenting and cooking neutralizes plant toxins—this is why humans have been doing this for many years!”
- "Gluttony and sloth are not the causes of obesity; they are the symptoms."
Join Brad for more fun on:
We appreciate all feedback, and questions for Q&A shows, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have a moment, please share an episode you like with a quick text message, or leave a review on your podcast app. Thank you!
Check out each of these companies because they are absolutely awesome or they wouldn’t occupy this revered space. Seriously, Brad won’t promote anything he doesn’t absolutely love and use in daily life.
- Mito Red Light: Photobiomodulation light panels to enhance cellular energy production, improve recovery, and optimize circadian rhythm. Email me for special B.rad 10% discount and 60-day free trial!
- NutriSense: Continuous glucose monitor and 1:1 expert support to help optimize diet choices and lifestyle behaviors. $30 B.rad discount!
- Marek Health: Comprehensive lab testing and expert tele-health support for peak performance. Use code “BRAD” for 10% discount!
- LMNT Electrolyte Drink Mix: Tasty, sugar-free, scientifically formulated electrolyte drink mix with everything you need and nothing you don’t. Free sample pack, just click the link!
- B.rad Whey + Creatine Superfuel: Premium quality, all-natural supplement for peak performance, recovery, and longevity
- Male Optimization Formula with Organs (MOFO): Optimize testosterone naturally with 100% grassfed animal organ supplement
- Brad’s Macadamia Masterpiece: Mind-blowing, life-changing nut butter blend
- Online educational courses: Numerous great offerings for an immersive home-study educational experience
Check out the my Favorites page for discounts on other great products!
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.