Brad: Five Tips To Aging Gracefully, Part 3 - Increase General Everyday Movement
Manage episode 352141931 series 2421902
Welcome to part three of this series as we continue to discuss five main tips to aging gracefully and optimizing energy and body composition.
We covered diet big-time in the first two parts of this series, and in part three, we focus on the critical objective to move more and strategies to increase general everyday movement, which experts say is a more important objective than adhering to a devoted exercise regimen. You will hear about the dangers of what Katy Bowman has coined “lazy athlete mentality”, what happens to your body when you over exercise, and much more!
Stay tuned for part four!
Move more frequently. Even if you exercise regularly, the amount of sedentary time you have can negate your fitness. [01:14]
Your body does not like to become exhausted and depleted by excess energy expenditure in the form of an overly stressful exercise regimen. [03:49]
Kaiser Family Foundation’s study shows a correlation between kids’ fitness levels and academic performance. [06:52]
There is research showing that what you do first thing in the morning has the most powerful effects. [14:51]
The brain research suggests that we can only truly concentrate on a peak cognitive task for around 20 minutes at a time before we zone out. [16:50]
You don’t need a gym to stay fit. [19:00]
You need a comfortably-paced cardio vascular routine. Keep it under your maximum aerobic heartrate. [21:43]
Sit on the floor instead of a chair. Move your workspace into different positions. [24:44]
- Brad Kearns.com
- Brad’s Shopping page
- Podcast with Dr. Kelly Starrett
- Brad Kearns’s Morning Routine
- Brad’s First Simpler Morning Routine
- Atomic Habits
- Mark’s Daily Apple
- Don’t Just Sit There course
Join Brad for more fun on:
We appreciate all feedback, and questions for Q&A shows, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have a moment, please share an episode you like with a quick text message, or leave a review on your podcast app. Thank you!
Check out each of these companies because they are absolutely awesome or they wouldn’t occupy this revered space. Seriously, Brad won’t promote anything he doesn’t absolutely love and use in daily life.
- Mito Red Light: Photobiomodulation light panels to enhance cellular energy production, improve recovery, and optimize circadian rhythm. Email me for special B.rad 10% discount and 60-day free trial!
- NutriSense: Continuous glucose monitor and 1:1 expert support to help optimize diet choices and lifestyle behaviors. $30 B.rad discount!
- Marek Health: Comprehensive lab testing and expert tele-health support for peak performance. Use code “BRAD” for 10% discount!
- LMNT Electrolyte Drink Mix: Tasty, sugar-free, scientifically formulated electrolyte drink mix with everything you need and nothing you don’t. Free sample pack, just click the link!
- B.rad Whey + Creatine Superfuel: Premium quality, all-natural supplement for peak performance, recovery, and longevity
- Male Optimization Formula with Organs (MOFO): Optimize testosterone naturally with 100% grassfed animal organ supplement
- Brad’s Macadamia Masterpiece: Mind-blowing, life-changing nut butter blend
- Online educational courses: Numerous great offerings for an immersive home-study educational experience
Check out the my Favorites page for discounts on other great products!
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.