Manage episode 347089816 series 2421902
I talk about diet a lot on this show, but sometimes it’s important to back up a few steps from dealing with all the nuances, deep research, and total immersion that I’ve had for the past few years and just offer some basic (but important) big-picture insights.
This show is for everyone, regardless of where you’re at in your dietary journey—as you will hear, I felt really inspired after my interview with heptathlete Chari Hawkins, one of the greatest female athletes in the world, to share the principles and guidelines that I am currently following that help me stick to my current diet. My current diet, by the way, is not keto, paleo or straight carnivore, but category-less—the only thing I am concerned with these days is nutrient density—that is my true goal. Get ready to hear the 13 crucial insights that have become the centerpieces of my current, nutrient-dense diet, and send any questions or comments to email@example.com!
The main dietary message from Brad is a nutrient-dense diet is the way to go. [01:00]
Brad is discussing major recalibrations he has made in his diet, changing from fasting to eating more calories. [03:49]
A nutrient-dense diet helps you perform, recover, and maintain good hormone and immune status. The restrictive diets create extra stress. [08:17]
Ditch processed foods, especially vegetable oils. [10:49]
Toxic modern foods include refined grains and sugars and all the processed food and beverages that are made with these items. [12:58]
What about the leafy greens and other vegetables? [15:05]
Prioritize protein. We will continue eating calories until we get protein our body needs. [17:47]
Meat and fruit are the most easy-to-digest foods and the best source of protein and other micronutrients. [23:27]
Red meat is the most nutritious type of meat. [24:41]
High levels of plant toxins are often correlated with what is considered to be nutritious. Learn the difference. [32:08]
It is important to be selective on the animal-based diet, trying to acquire the best within your budget. Pasture-raised eggs are what to look for. [36:16]
Practices like keto, low carb, vegan, strict carnivore, intermittent fasting, time-restricted feeding are stressful by nature to the human. [40:06]
Many of the diets are successful because of what you eliminate rather than what you do eat. [45:22]
Strive for maximum cellular energy at all times by eating nutritious meals. [48:22]
We want all our dials turned up full. Females, especially, must look at this concept. [52:14]
Cellular energy production is diminished most likely from over-training or consuming the wrong foods. [57:54]
Liver and other organ meats are the number one most nutritious food on the planet. [59:31]
Brad’s morning smoothie, honey snacks and approved beverages are the way to start the day. [01:01:26]
- Brad Kearns.com
- Brad’s Shopping page
- Podcast with Chari Hawkins
- Carnivore Scores Food Ranking
- Podcast with Ryan Baxter
- Podcast with Paul Saladino
- Podcast with Dr. Ted Naiman
- Butcher Box
- Feldman Podcast no. 1
- Feldman Podcast no. 2
- Podcast with Lindsay Berra
- Keto Reset Diet
- Podcast no. 1 with Dr. Tommy Wood
- Podcast no.2 with Dr. Tommy Wood
- Podcast no. 3 with Dr. Tommy Wood
Join Brad for more fun on:
We appreciate all feedback, and questions for Q&A shows, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have a moment, please share an episode you like with a quick text message, or leave a review on your podcast app. Thank you!
Check out each of these companies because they are absolutely awesome or they wouldn’t occupy this revered space. Seriously, Brad won’t promote anything he doesn’t absolutely love and use in daily life.
- Butcher Box: Convenient, affordable home delivery - free shipping! - of the highest quality meat, poultry, and seafood with customizable box design. Click here for special promotion.
- New: B.rad Whey Protein Superfuel With Creatine. This is the most pure and potent whey protein in the world, 100% sourced from small family farms in Wisconsin, and boosted with creatine for a true superfuel
- Brad’s Macadamia Masterpiece: Mind-blowing, life-changing nut butter blend
- Male Optimization Formula with Organs (MOFO): Optimize testosterone naturally with 100% grassfed animal organ supplement
- BeautyCounter: Complete line of cosmetics tested to be free of typical toxins and endocrine disruptors. Try Brad's favorite vitamin-C skin serum and make the switch away from toxic mainstream skin-care products!
- BiOptimizers: Top quality performance supplements like magnesium, probiotics, and digestive enzymes. BRAD10 for 10% off
- LMNT Electrolyte Drink Mix: Tasty, sugar-free, scientifically formulated electrolyte drink mix with everything you need and nothing you don't. Free sample pack, just click the link!
- BradNutrition.com: Coming soon - the ultimate whey protein superfuel formula for peak performance and longevity
- Ultimate Morning Routine Online Course: Learn how to custom-design an energizing, focusing morning exercise routine. Enroll now for earlybird discount
Check out Brad Kearns Favorites Page for great products and discounts
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.