Manage episode 336675633 series 3345776
Psychology Buzzwords are back, only this time you picked the topics! This week we're focusing on the 4 Fear Responses, often called Survival Responses or Trauma Responses, with a special look at the Fawn Response.
1. What are 4 common fear responses?
2. What is the freeze response?
3. What is disassociation?
4. How are these responses helpful?
5. What is this Fawn Response?
6. What are the hidden fears underneath it?
7. Why doesn't talking myself out of a fear response work?
8. What *does* work to help me return to calm?
Find a list of resources for this episode here.
Sign up to receive Dr. Cook’s weekly email and receive 2 free e-books and a guided prayer reflection at dralisoncook.com
Music by Andy Luiten
Sound editing by Kelly Kramarik
While Dr. Cook is a counselor, the content of this podcast and any of the products provided by Dr. Cook are not specific counseling advice nor are they a substitute for individual counseling. The content and products provided on this podcast are for informational purposes only.