Wrapping up YEE, US Postal Going EV, & Twitter May Soon Have New Boss
Manage episode 350395812 series 2988189
We have only a few short days until Christmas and then the biggest week of the year is upon us! Today we will recap all things Year End Extravaganza, check out a new deal the US Postal Service has made, and hear from Elon…again.
Re-watch the Year End Extravaganza here: https://www.asotu.com/yee
By the year 2026, the US Postal service has committed to buying only electric trucks
- Now through 2026, 75% will be electric
- 66,000 battery electric delivery vehicles from defense contractor Oshkosh as part of its 106,000 vehicle acquisition plan for deliveries between now and 2028.
- An additional 21k commercial ‘off the shelf’ vehicles will also be acquired
- The current Grumman LLV doesn’t have a/c, airbags, and only gets 8.2 MPG
- $3B in IRAct Funding Approx $1.3B for vehicles and $1.7B for infrastructure
- It will take ‘someone foolish’ to do the job, but Musk is preparing to step down as the Twitter boss
- There have been calls for Musk to step down from Twitter, with some investors and analysts expressing concerns that his involvement with the platform may be distracting him from running Tesla, the electric vehicle company he also runs.
- “Musk projected that Twitter's cash flow will break even in 2023, a Bloomberg reporter tweeted on Wednesday, citing comments made in a Twitter Spaces session.”
- “I will resign as CEO as soon as I find someone foolish enough to take the job! After that, I will just run the software & servers teams," Musk wrote on Twitter.
Get the Daily Push Back email at https://www.asotu.com/
JOIN the conversation on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/company/asotu/
Read our most recent email at: https://www.asotu.com/media/push-back-email
Share your positive dealer stories: https://www.asotu.com/positivity
ASOTU Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/automotivestateoftheunion