Manage episode 304947681 series 2891560
“If you can not measure it, you can not improve it.” - William Thompson
Getting regular checkups and undergoing blood tests are fundamental to maintaining good health. FMF guests with expertise ranging from lipid metabolism to Alzheimer's disease risk to micronutrient status have shared their recommendations regarding blood tests that a person should consider adding to their yearly checkup. This Aliquot brings many of those conversations together in one place.
- (00:00) Introduction
- (02:44) Self-experimentation with the ketogenic diet and the biomarkers to measure daily (Tim Ferriss discussion)
- (07:28) Longevity markers that are clinically available (Valter Longo discussion)
- (14:55) Vitamin D and COVID-19 (Roger Seheult discussion)
- (18:24) Getting a particle-focused lipid LDL panel performed requires a medical diagnosis and prescription (Ronald Krauss discussion)
- (23:01) The MEND protocol and its successor, the ReCODE protocol for Alzheimer’s disease (Dale Bredesen discussion)
- (35:24) How specific micronutrient inadequacies may promote immune dysregulation (Rhonda Patrick discussion)
Get more Aliquots! Become a FMF Premium member and get full access to our members-only podcast, The Aliquot, plus live Q&As with Rhonda, biweekly Science Digest emails, and more.
Learn more and sign up at: www.foundmyfitness.com/aliquot