Manage episode 293294846 series 2509826
On this episode of the podcast, we spoke with Mark Schaefer, someone I’ve known for nearly a decade. We first met in 2012 after he published the best selling book “Return on Influence” while I was the CEO of influencer platform Kred.
He’s also the author of the world's best-selling book on Twitter, The Tao of Twitter, as well as a raft of other books such as The Content Code about content marketing and “KNOWN” a book on personal branding. I was also fortunate to be featured in his “book “Marketing Rebellion" - an Amazon best-seller.
His new book, "Cumulative Advantage: How to Build Momentum for Your Ideas, Business, and Life Against All Odds" guides readers on a path that helps them stand out in a world of overwhelming information density -- when sometimes even being "great" is not enough.
Filled with motivating ideas and fascinating case studies, Cumulative Advantage is an indispensable and practical source of inspiration for every person with a dream that’s ready to take flight.
We had a fascinating discussion that I know you will enjoy.
Topics covered included:
- The genesis of influencer marketing
- How we can all gain a cumulative advantage
- Why it's time for marketers to be humble
- The opportunity for TikTok
- How serendipity can play a huge role in your life and career
- Mark's view on the demographics for each social network
- How social media will fracture
- How we now live in a world of infinite media
- Harnessing the era of unintended consequences for marketers
Azeem Azar's Exponential view
Benedict Evans Newsletter
More on Mark
For more on Andrew - what he speaks about and replays of recent talks, please visit ActionableFuturist.com follow @AndrewGrill on Twitter or @andrew.grill on Instagram.