Web Streams Explained
Manage episode 357787046 series 1469447
In this Hasty Treat, Scott and Wes explain the what, why, and how of web streaming, and some of the jargon you might encounter with web streams.Sentry - Sponsor
If you want to know what’s happening with your code, track errors and monitor performance with Sentry. Sentry’s Application Monitoring platform helps developers see performance issues, fix errors faster, and optimize their code health. Cut your time on error resolution from hours to minutes. It works with any language and integrates with dozens of other services. Syntax listeners new to Sentry can get two months for free by visiting Sentry.io and using the coupon code TASTYTREAT during sign up.Show Notes
- 00:26:11 Welcome
- 00:59:07 Sponsor: Sentry
- 01:39:17 What are Web Streams?
- 03:15:11 Why are web streams picking up steam lately?
- 04:41:21 How are web streams streaming?
- 09:28:11 Searching a database can use streaming
- 13:07:11 Web stream jargon
- 18:06:11 FileReader is a Stream
- 19:31:05 Other Types of Streams
- Cloudlfare HTML Rewriter
- 21:50:05 ReadableStream and Writable Stream
- 27:23:00 Creating a Writable Stream
- 28:39:11 TextDecoderStream
- Scott’s Instagram
- LevelUpTutorials Instagram
- Wes’ Instagram
- Wes’ Twitter
- Wes’ Facebook
- Scott’s Twitter
- Make sure to include @SyntaxFM in your tweets