Hmmm there seems to be a problem fetching this series right now. Last successful fetch was on October 02, 2023 10:20 ()
What now? This series will be checked again in the next day. If you believe it should be working, please verify the publisher's feed link below is valid and includes actual episode links. You can contact support to request the feed be immediately fetched.
Manage episode 349255179 series 1469447
In this supper club episode of Syntax, Wes and Scott talk with Vu Le about his path to working at Disney. How did he learn to code? How do you get a job at Disney? What’s the tech stack inside a Disney team?Tuple - Sponsor
This week’s sponsor is Tuple, an app built specifically for remote pair programming. The app is written in C++ and tuned for high-resolution screen sharing and low-latency remote control. Because developers deserve better than Zoom or Meet for pairing.Show Notes
- 01:40 Who is Vu Le?
- 03:33 How did you learn to code?
- 04:57 How do you get a job at Disney?
- 09:01 Internal CMS development at Disney
- 10:19 What types of languages do you use internally?
- 15:22 Do you have a design system?
- 19:52 How do you handle versions and updates?
- 22:42 Sponsor: Tuple
- 23:37 Do you get involved in testing?
- 25:06 What are you using for GraphQL?
- 25:34 How are you handling CSS?
- Theme UI
- 31:43 Does Disney do remote work?
- 34:38 Perks of working at Disney
- 38:16 Supper Club questions
- GMMK Pro Keyboard
- Santa Cruz bicycles
- JetBrains Mono
- 45:13 SIIIIICK ××× PIIIICKS ×××
- Garden hose connectors