A live podcast about front end web design and UX.… continue reading
Katherine Mello on Liberal Arts → Coding, Bootcamps, and Sustainability
Manage episode 352403839 series 1469447
… continue reading
In this supper club episode of Syntax, Wes and Scott talk with Katherine Mello about her journey into coding from liberal arts to bootcamp education, data visualization, and coding for a sustainable focused company.Show Notes
- 00:34 Welcome
- 01:10 Guest introduction
- Rolling With Kat
- 03:05 Bag milk?
- 04:34 What is Tangible Materials?
- Tangible Materials
- 07:27 How did you end up at Tangible?
- Full Stack Academy
- 10:05 Are bootcamps worth it?
- 14:46 How important were in person classes to you?
- All We Can Save
- Braiding Sweetgrass
- 20:46 What do you enjoy about data visualization?
- Data visualization society
- Color Wheel
- 27:21 Working at WeWork
- WeWork: Or the Making and Breaking of a $47 Billion Unicorn • Official Trailer
- 34:14 What is your tech stack at Tangible?
- 38:26 What backend would Wes use for a project?
- Svelte Kit
- Super Bass
- 42:10 Is there environmental web hosting?
- 43:47 Supper Club Questions
- Uplift Desks
- 50:22 SIIIIICK ××× PIIIICKS ×××
- Scott’s Instagram
- LevelUpTutorials Instagram
- Wes’ Instagram
- Wes’ Twitter
- Wes’ Facebook
- Scott’s Twitter
- Make sure to include @SyntaxFM in your tweets