Manage episode 331675636 series 2518360
Our podcast guest, New York Times bestselling author Dr. Louann Brizendine, joins us on the Switch4Good podcast to talk about why males and females communicate and process emotions differently. In this episode, Dr. Louann talks to Dotsie and Alexandra about her books, The Male Brain and The Female Brain, and how they have helped readers navigate relationships with their partners, spouses, friends, and family members around the world. Dr. Brizendine founded the Woman’s Mood and Hormone Clinic at UCSF, and then went on to write another book called The Upgrade, which explains how the female brain gets “upgraded” in midlife. She believes that this time in a female’s life brings more clarity and a laser-like sense of purpose if you know how to tap into it.
Join us today to discuss how to harness that new “upgraded” brain power, and navigate relationships with life-long partners, hormones, depression, menopause, and more.
“There is a 2:1 ratio when it comes to depression in women over men. And I felt like, that is not fair. What is up with that? Then I realized, that in childhood, the depression ratio is only 1:1, male to female. At age 13 or 14, it goes up in females. The menstrual cycle starts, and the hormones start.” - Dr. Louann Brizendine
What we discuss in this episode:
- Dotsie reads an excerpt from her book about falling in love with her husband
- The main differences in male and female brains
- How hormones impact males and females differently
- How one person can’t fulfill all of our needs
- How our expectations, unchecked, can hurt our partners
- Why females are twice as likely to be depressed
- Why menopause and post-menopause can be a transformative time in your life
- Why men are hesitant to live vegan
- Learn more about “The Upgrade” - https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/591607/the-upgrade-by-louann-brizendine-md/
- Dr. Brizendine’s website - https://www.louannbrizendine.com/
Connect with Switch4Good
- Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/Switch4Good/
- Podcast Chat Group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/podcastchat/
- Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/switch4good/
- Twitter - https://mobile.twitter.com/Switch4GoodNFT
- Website - https://switch4good.org/
- Use code SWITCH for 25% off your order at MaxinesHeavenly.com
- Purality B12 Deal: https://puralityhealth.com/liposomal-b12/ to buy one B12 and get one free plus 35% off the rest of Purality’s products.