Manage episode 331278374 series 2626305
Ben Cohen, manager of the Swift team at Apple, joins John on this WWDC22 special to discuss Swift 5.7, how generics have been made more powerful and easy to use, and how the language is expected to evolve towards Swift 6.
- Bitrise: Rock-solid continuous integration for your Swift projects. Go to bitrise.io/swift to get started for free.
- NordVPN: Get an exclusive discount on NordVPN’s excellent VPN service, by going to nordvpn.com/sundell. They even have a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Ben on Twitter
- John on Twitter
- Swift Async Algorithms
- Swift Collections
- Using the new ‘some’ and ‘any’ keywords
- Type erasure
- “What’s New in Swift”, from WWDC22
- “Embracing Swift Generics”, from WWDC22
- Regex Literals
- Result builders
- App Intents
- Doug Gregor’s “Eliminate data races using Swift Concurrency” talk
- Ben’s Swift concurrency talk from WWDC21
- Grand Central Dispatch
- Swift Distributed Actors
- Connecting async/await to other Swift code
- The Swift Mentorship Program
- Intro and outro music by Dariusz Dziuk